MIT

cancelled20080417

Post by cancelled20080417 » Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:39 pm

I also met my girlfren in my business class, now that I am going to grad school, I do not think the long distance relation will work out quite well( it has started showing weird symptoms).

Anyways, I am pretty sure that I will be chasing girls in grad school, hehehe, I have this dream of meeting a girl who is beautful and also does CMT :) ( not high energy)

I hope I will find one.

quizivex if you decided to go where i go for grad school, and if u happen to find a girl before me, I would not hold myself from hitting on your girfren( I am assuming that she will be hot) hehehehehe! sorry mate! So think before you make the decision!

zxcv

Post by zxcv » Sun Jan 20, 2008 6:34 pm

quizivex, no reason to worry about RG stealing your girlfriend. All you'd have to do to turn her off of him is to show her a few of RG's better posts in this forum!

quizivex

Post by quizivex » Sun Jan 20, 2008 6:43 pm

With my luck she'd actually like his posts and that would only expedite the process of me losing her :wink:

VT

Re: MIT

Post by VT » Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:53 am

Are MIT admits over? I don even know why I am asking this., I am pathetic. :(

Hey quizivex, did you hear from your favourite P.......N? It looks like every one who got accepted got an email today Feb 20. So I am rejected ( not a surprise)

quizivex

Post by quizivex » Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:38 am

DAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH @#$%, %$#@, %#$@ ugh!!!

Hi VT,

<deleted for anonymity>

<deleted to avoid having to rewrite pages and pages of clarifications that have already been written by lots of other users on this forum for the past serveral years>

I just spent two hours trying to get my account here back. I registered this site over a year ago with a temporary hotmail e-mail account I never use. I did not remember the password to that account or to my account here, since I had this site bookmarked in my favorites and was permanently logged in. Yesterday I had a few responses typed up to tnoviell, RG and physicsdude's comments and hit send... just to get an error page. I go back to the home site and find the whole format turned upside down and I've been logged out. I don't understand!! The forum was great as it was. If it's not broke, why fix it? The friendly interface and overall simplicity was fine from 2004 till now, why change it!! Surely there was room for minor improvement (for ex. the search feature doesn't work) but this could be achieved without reformatting the whole site. So it was quite a struggle to guess like 20 different passwords until I finally got it right. And of course after a few failed attempts that silly security feature makes you type in letters from a garbled image that is nearly impossible to read!!

Anyway I'm back. No offense to Grant, who I highly respect for your dedication to this site. Maybe after I get used to this new format I'll find it has some advantages... Though one thing I'm upset about... when I saw "novneet.sume" and a post called "Write GRE" I was licking my chops hoping to see him get diced by grae313 but you go and link him to ETS, lol!! (this is an inside joke) haha!!!
Last edited by quizivex on Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:14 am, edited 2 times in total.

VT

Post by VT » Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:00 am

Good luck with P........N. I tried to contact Prof. Kardar from MIT and he told me that all the decisions were finalized and the letters should go out soon. Ms. Lerner from Princeton said the same thing about Princeton.
:(

quizivex

Post by quizivex » Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:04 am

What day did you hear this?

Does this mean anyone who hasn't already been accepted is rejected? Or will some of these new letters be acceptances?

VT

Post by VT » Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:06 am

It was the day before yesterday(Feb 18). There are some acceptances too, but many rejections..

fermiboy

Post by fermiboy » Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:00 am

Quiz you're complaining your safety when many people on here (including myself) have been rejected from programs at this level. I'm sure you'll get into others as well. To say it's the end of the world if you have to attend Columbia (if I remember your safety right) is a little extreme isn't it? I'm sorry, but after being rejected by Cornell and Yale this week your attitude pisses me off. I probably won't be going to a program anywhere near that good, and I still plan on doing good physics, because I picked safeties that have strong research programs in particular areas. Like my friend told me on Facebook the other day "The name of the school doesn't matter, what's important is that your adviser is rich with grants and loves you." No offense quiz, I just want you know how others might view some of your posts. I'm not trying to start and argument or anything, and there are no hard feelings.

jdhooghe

Post by jdhooghe » Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:02 am

Am I the only person on here that always see serious relationships to be the path of contentment? Brilliant minds are wondering around the world and it seems, and I might be seriously wrong on this, that when they settle down with someone they truely care about they see their life as complete and stop trying to improve their understanding of the world. There is always something else to take away their attention. Maybe I am just a bitter physics major who has never had a serious relationship but right now I see relationships as career killers.

/me chooses a momentum eigenstate and watches people try to find him

quizivex

Post by quizivex » Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:05 am

@ Fermiboy:

Please delete your comment and I'll delete mine. I'm just not in the mood to write a full justification of my concerns and opinions.

fermiboy

Post by fermiboy » Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:40 am

quizivex wrote:@ Fermiboy:

Please delete your comment and I'll delete mine. I'm just not in the mood to write a full justification of my concerns and opinions.
There are plenty of comments of mine I would delete on here long before my previous one, so it ain't happening anytime soon.

Geoff Olynyk

Post by Geoff Olynyk » Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:51 pm

Has anyone heard from MIT's Nuclear Science & Engineering program? I'm applying for Plasma Physics, and I have heard officially from MIT Physics, and gotten a phone call from Princeton, but haven't heard a word from MIT NSE.

1420 Peach

Post by 1420 Peach » Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:43 pm

Yeah, I heard from MIT NSE on the 6th of February. Their visitation weekend is March 7 through 9th.