Acceptance emails...

• This has become our largest and most active forum because the physics GRE is just one aspect of getting accepted into a graduate physics program.
  • There are applications, personal statements, letters of recommendation, visiting schools, anxiety of waiting for acceptances, deciding between schools, finding out where others are going, etc.

grae313

Acceptance emails...

Post by grae313 » Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:58 am

... do you reply to them?

I haven't. I mean, what would I say...

"FANTASTIC!"

twistor

Post by twistor » Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:08 am

I replied to mine. I basically thanked them for notifying me and asked them to send me details about the open house, funding, etc.

hpharty

Post by hpharty » Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:55 pm

I did exactly what twistor described.

It was a really lame e-mail, but I felt wrong saying nothing.

grae313

Post by grae313 » Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:00 pm

well crap... should I go back and email UW like a week later? lol... I mean, the info pack came in the mail already

I haven't responded to Cornell's email either. I just don't know what to say.

butsurigakusha

Post by butsurigakusha » Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:24 pm

I didn't respond to UIUC, and the thought never crossed my mind. They gave a link to a site to sign up if I am going to the open house, and another link that I will use if I accept their offer. They didn't give any indication that they wanted a response.

twistor

Post by twistor » Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:58 pm

I think when you get your acceptance schools should offer you two pills.

You take the blue pill and the story ends. You go to a different graduate school.

You take the red pill and go further down the rabbit hole...

astrofan

Re:

Post by astrofan » Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:22 am

twistor wrote: You take the red pill and go further down the rabbit hole...
Don't you mean black hole! :wink:

jdhooghe

Re: Acceptance emails...

Post by jdhooghe » Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:30 am

Hell, I would thank anybody for notifying me that I didn't get in...wait no I wouldn't. I'd just rant about how I just don't take general education seriously and on top of that have a horrible memory because that is what GE is: memorizing facts. Can you tell I am bitter for not doing better in non physics/math courses? Ah well, what's done is done or at least worth a job at mcdonalds....

:shock: oh god....maybe I should practice "Welcome to mcdonalds, may I take your order fat-ass?" :cry:

BTW, for any of you politically correct people on this forum that take offense to my comment, *** off. You shouldn't be eating mcdonalds anyway...unless you want me behind you when you are walking, playing a tuba....

P.S. I love dots .........dot dot dot.............
P.S.S. Dots make me excited..... :wink:
P.S.S.S Want my number?