possible question of telephone interview??

• This has become our largest and most active forum because the physics GRE is just one aspect of getting accepted into a graduate physics program.
  • There are applications, personal statements, letters of recommendation, visiting schools, anxiety of waiting for acceptances, deciding between schools, finding out where others are going, etc.

raysum

possible question of telephone interview??

Post by raysum » Mon Jan 16, 2006 12:54 am

Hi Everybody! Good day!
I am an international student applying for the gradaute program in physics. Meantime one of the university from US is going to take my telephone interview. They had seen my crediantils and selected me for interview. They said that the main purpose of this is to check my abilty to communicate in english as a teaching assistant.
I don't know what sorts of questions might they ask. I am little nervous that I may not talk fluently at that time and it is reallt bothering me. Do you have any advica and a set of possible questions? Please help me.

Heisenberg

Post by Heisenberg » Mon Jan 16, 2006 6:39 am

Don't worry about it. Americans don't speak english very well themselves. If you've seen enough hollywood movies you can probably pass. Look at George W. Bush. He communicates on a kidergarten level.
Just say stuff like "These terrorists are bad! We need to spread freedom! We will be steadfast!"