math gre score report

• This has become our largest and most active forum because the physics GRE is just one aspect of getting accepted into a graduate physics program.
  • There are applications, personal statements, letters of recommendation, visiting schools, anxiety of waiting for acceptances, deciding between schools, finding out where others are going, etc.

nvanmeter

math gre score report

Post by nvanmeter » Sat Dec 22, 2007 5:36 pm

I took the Math Subject GRE 2 years ago (when I thought I would graduate early and go to grad school in math). I think it would help my application somewhat for theoretical physics, and so I'd like the Physics departments to see it. Now I know that the GRE people automatically send the score along with the other scores, but my question is whether or not the people in Physics reviewing my application will see it. Like do they just have some secretary that verifies that the official score report agrees with what I wrote on the application and the professors only see the application (which of course has only the Physics GRE score on it) or do the Physics professors actually look at the official score report from ETS as well (and thus would happen to see the Math test score also)?

Also, would they realize it's scored out of 890? Well, I guess they'd see the %ile either way...

tomar

Post by tomar » Mon Dec 31, 2007 5:15 pm

Hey,

Yeah I did the math gre too, and I just list the score wherever possible (e.g. if they have multiple GRE score entries) and I will explicitly mention it in the "additional info" section