Any Physics programs applications still open?

• This has become our largest and most active forum because the physics GRE is just one aspect of getting accepted into a graduate physics program.
  • There are applications, personal statements, letters of recommendation, visiting schools, anxiety of waiting for acceptances, deciding between schools, finding out where others are going, etc.

phyphd

Any Physics programs applications still open?

Post by phyphd » Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:37 pm

Hi all. I got rejected by the programs I applied for this year. Do you know are there any physics PhD programs still open for application? I have no where to go right now... Thanks a lot for any help.

astroprof

Re: Any Physics programs applications still open?

Post by astroprof » Thu Feb 11, 2016 5:29 pm

If you look at http://www.gradschoolshopper.com, you can sort by application deadline. Those at the top of the list, with September deadlines, are presumably accepting applications all through the summer. At the end of the list, you can find schools with February deadlines, including Florida International, West Virginia, Western Michigan, Iowa State, Alabama, and New Mexico State, amongst others. However, you will want to check the fine print, as these schools may have an earlier deadline for consideration of financial support. However, even if you have missed the primary deadline, it may be worth contacting the department to see if they will consider late applications.

phyphd

Post by phyphd » Sat Feb 13, 2016 8:55 am

Thanks so much for your information. I will try checking them. Good luck with you.
astroprof wrote:If you look at http://www.gradschoolshopper.com, you can sort by application deadline. Those at the top of the list, with September deadlines, are presumably accepting applications all through the summer. At the end of the list, you can find schools with February deadlines, including Florida International, West Virginia, Western Michigan, Iowa State, Alabama, and New Mexico State, amongst others. However, you will want to check the fine print, as these schools may have an earlier deadline for consideration of financial support. However, even if you have missed the primary deadline, it may be worth contacting the department to see if they will consider late applications.

thehairupthere

Post by thehairupthere » Sat Feb 13, 2016 9:00 am

You might want to check programs in Europe as deadlines for those are sometimes as late as July.

phyphd

Post by phyphd » Sat Feb 13, 2016 10:08 am

I still wish to stay in US. Thanks anyway..
thehairupthere wrote:You might want to check programs in Europe as deadlines for those are sometimes as late as July.