When to hear back from graduate schools

• This has become our largest and most active forum because the physics GRE is just one aspect of getting accepted into a graduate physics program.
  • There are applications, personal statements, letters of recommendation, visiting schools, anxiety of waiting for acceptances, deciding between schools, finding out where others are going, etc.

bronzeclocksofbenin

When to hear back from graduate schools

Post by bronzeclocksofbenin » Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:00 pm

I applied to a few grad schools late last year, and I've been starting to hear back from them. So far, rejections from Harvard, Brown, MIT, Cornell, Yale, and UMass Amherst. Accepted into MA program at SUNY Stony Brook. Still need to hear back from Boston University, Boston College, Dartmouth, Brandeis, and Northeastern. I know (from their websites) that BC and Dartmouth usually get back to applicants around mid-March. However, I don't know when BU will get back to me. I looked on GradSchoolShopper, and though there are a few people who said that they got in mid to late March, the majority got on early February. Is it a bad sign that I haven't heard anything yet? When did other people hear back from their graduate schools?

RonaldoMcDonaldo

Re: When to hear back from graduate schools

Post by RonaldoMcDonaldo » Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:00 am

bronzeclocksofbenin wrote:I applied to a few grad schools late last year, and I've been starting to hear back from them. So far, rejections from Harvard, Brown, MIT, Cornell, Yale, and UMass Amherst. Accepted into MA program at SUNY Stony Brook. Still need to hear back from Boston University, Boston College, Dartmouth, Brandeis, and Northeastern. I know (from their websites) that BC and Dartmouth usually get back to applicants around mid-March. However, I don't know when BU will get back to me. I looked on GradSchoolShopper, and though there are a few people who said that they got in mid to late March, the majority got on early February. Is it a bad sign that I haven't heard anything yet? When did other people hear back from their graduate schools?
Yes, it's a bad sign. I don't think anyone here can give you anymore insights into it than what you've gotten from thegradcafe but if acceptances went out and you don't have one things don't look good.