Stony Brook waiting list

• This has become our largest and most active forum because the physics GRE is just one aspect of getting accepted into a graduate physics program.
  • There are applications, personal statements, letters of recommendation, visiting schools, anxiety of waiting for acceptances, deciding between schools, finding out where others are going, etc.

rectaflex

Stony Brook waiting list

Post by rectaflex » Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:30 pm

Hi, I'm currently wait-listed by Stony Brook, which is my best choice. But things may be a little bit subtle because they also told me that I can choose to accept their 1 year self-funded master grogram. What I want to know is whether or not it is too late to accept this master program in April, when I might get definite rejection of their PhD program? Does anyone know this? Thanks you.

RonaldoMcDonaldo

Re: Stony Brook waiting list

Post by RonaldoMcDonaldo » Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:50 pm

rectaflex wrote:Hi, I'm currently wait-listed by Stony Brook, which is my best choice. But things may be a little bit subtle because they also told me that I can choose to accept their 1 year self-funded master grogram. What I want to know is whether or not it is too late to accept this master program in April, when I might get definite rejection of their PhD program? Does anyone know this? Thanks you.
This might seem like a completely crazy and wild idea, but..... maybe you should ask them!