havent heard back from about 10 places... waitlisted?

• This has become our largest and most active forum because the physics GRE is just one aspect of getting accepted into a graduate physics program.
  • There are applications, personal statements, letters of recommendation, visiting schools, anxiety of waiting for acceptances, deciding between schools, finding out where others are going, etc.

fkvkfdlek

havent heard back from about 10 places... waitlisted?

Post by fkvkfdlek » Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:42 pm

so... as the title says.. i havent heard back from 10 places with some places having already sent out acceptances...

whats happening with places like u penn, columbia, ucla, and boulder?

do you think i can send them emails and ask about my status?

i think those places already (maybe except u penn) sent out acceptances

does this mean i got rejected :'(.

(if my post didnt comply with the rules here, i apologize. )

ol

Re: havent heard back from about 10 places... waitlisted?

Post by ol » Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:54 pm

Yes, at this point, it is acceptable to send a polite email or make a polite phone call inquiring about your application status. I would start with the schools that have already sent decisions to other applicants and then ask the schools who have yet to send decisions. Good luck!

Dwy

Post by Dwy » Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:44 pm

Please share here if you receive an answer from UPenn. Thank you and good luck :)

fkvkfdlek

Post by fkvkfdlek » Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:59 pm

thank you to both of you above and i will definitely let you know if i hear something from u penn.

none of my friends heard from u penn either so...

Dwy

Post by Dwy » Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:44 pm

fkvkfdlek wrote:thank you to both of you above and i will definitely let you know if i hear something from u penn.

none of my friends heard from u penn either so...
Actually, a POI told me they already sent first-round offers so let's hope we get in the second one :lol:

fkvkfdlek

Post by fkvkfdlek » Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:12 am

so... they got back to me today via email

they said they are still making decisions on a daily basis.. continued patience required....

Dwy

Post by Dwy » Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:17 pm

fkvkfdlek wrote:so... they got back to me today via email

they said they are still making decisions on a daily basis.. continued patience required....
There's a chance then. Let's hope we get in :)

mhrazeghi58

Post by mhrazeghi58 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:29 am

I have applied for MS ( Central Michigan, Miami University of Ohio). My PGRE is 710, and have MS outside the US ( GPA: 3.4). But there is no sign from these universities :( . Its very annoying.

blighter

Post by blighter » Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:32 pm

mhrazeghi58 wrote:I have applied for MS ( Central Michigan, Miami University of Ohio). My PGRE is 710, and have MS outside the US ( GPA: 3.4). But there is no sign from these universities :( . Its very annoying.
Same here man. Waiting for both those places. I have a MUCH worse GPA than yours though.

mhrazeghi58

Post by mhrazeghi58 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:34 pm

blighter wrote:
mhrazeghi58 wrote:I have applied for MS ( Central Michigan, Miami University of Ohio). My PGRE is 710, and have MS outside the US ( GPA: 3.4). But there is no sign from these universities :( . Its very annoying.
Same here man. Waiting for both those places. I have a MUCH worse GPA than yours though.
I hope you to be admitted. Do you know about their admission process and applications level? when they will release the results? :?

blighter

Post by blighter » Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:22 pm

mhrazeghi58 wrote:
blighter wrote:
I hope you to be admitted. Do you know about their admission process and applications level? when they will release the results? :?

Both those universities told me that they'll be making their decisions around mid March. Good luck. I hope you get in too.

Dwy

Post by Dwy » Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:53 pm

fkvkfdlek wrote:so... they got back to me today via email

It's been two weeks now. Any news?

blighter

Post by blighter » Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:12 am

Hi, did you hear from Miami University? I was told that I am on the waitlist. They made their first offers yesterday.

mhrazeghi58

Post by mhrazeghi58 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:39 pm

blighter wrote:
Hi, did you hear from Miami University? I was told that I am on the waitlist. They made their first offers yesterday.
No I didn't hear anything. What does it mean? I have rejected? :|

blighter

Post by blighter » Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:01 pm

mhrazeghi58 wrote:
blighter wrote:
No I didn't hear anything. What does it mean? I have rejected? :|
Email them and ask if you are on the waitlist. Even I was told of it only after I emailed them.

mhrazeghi58

Post by mhrazeghi58 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:00 pm

I am in wait list too Bligter! Have you heared anything from central mich? They have released first round offers.

blighter

Post by blighter » Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:31 am

mhrazeghi58 wrote:I am in wait list too Bligter! Have you heared anything from central mich? They have released first round offers.
Have they? I haven't heard anything.

phy_lov

Post by phy_lov » Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:11 am

I have not heard from few places too. They have already sent offers. I did not receive any reply of inquiries about my application status. Is it common to give up without finding out what really happened to your application? :?

Don't they understand that at least we deserve an email about our application after we paid application fee, made an effort to apply, and virtually begged our professors to send LOR??

torch000

Post by torch000 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:07 pm

phy_lov wrote:I have not heard from few places too. They have already sent offers. I did not receive any reply of inquiries about my application status. Is it common to give up without finding out what really happened to your application? :?

Don't they understand that at least we deserve an email about our application after we paid application fee, made an effort to apply, and virtually begged our professors to send LOR??
agreed, I understand that they're busy handling other department administrative duties and sifting through the volume of applications is very time consuming, but there have been quite of few cases on this forum where even well after april 15th applicants have not heard back from some schools