April 2013 PGRE exam

• If you want to know something about the GRE subject test in physics then chances are you will find it in here.
  • If something about the physics GRE it isn't already discussed in here then please put it in here.

tweetie_brid

April 2013 PGRE exam

Post by tweetie_brid » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:51 pm

Many people getting ready for the April test. Just 2 months away.

I love atomic theory, and quant mechanics. But this only accounts for 12 percent of the test.

Anyway , I love the challenge of classical mechanics. Just think Sir Isaac Newton,

and Galileo thought about this same subject.

Question:

What is your favorite area on the PGRE? i like quantum

Robespierre

Re: April 2013 PGRE exam

Post by Robespierre » Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:57 am

I thought quantum was the easiest. I liked it in the sense that when I got to a page full of quantum questions, I knew I was going to get every question right very quickly... However, the problems were not particularly fun.

Classical and E&M were the most fun. After that, SR, QM, "Lab Methods," thermodynamics, optics, and "special topics," in that order. I might have missed something here.

Simknab

Re: April 2013 PGRE exam

Post by Simknab » Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:24 pm

Hi, i'll be taking the test next April in France. Started to prepare for it a few weeks ago after 4 years of total inactivity ^^ Missed the opportunity to apply to grad school at that time, and taking the test to see if I haven't become completely stupid. Depending on the result, I might consider applying in a few years.

About the topics, I like them all, although I'm not really comfortable withe particle physics stuff.

Anyway I'm quite excited at the idea of testing myself, and working with my old textbooks just reminds me of how much I regret not doing science anymore ...