Maryland Transcript Status

P-representation

Maryland Transcript Status

Post by P-representation » Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:56 am

To everyone who's applied to Maryland, does you application status show your application in complete? I sent my transcripts in early Jan which reached before the deadline on Jan 11th. It's been nearly 3 weeks now and my status still shows that my transcripts are awaited. My GRE and TOEFL scores have arrived though.

Is anyone else facing the same problem? I tried contacting them but haven't had a reply so far :( . Oh, and I also forgot to attach the covering sheet with my documents :mrgreen: .

relativeflux

Re: Maryland Transcript Status

Post by relativeflux » Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:49 am

They emailed me in early January saying the school was way behind in uploading several documents. The email asked if I could directly send whatever piece was missing in a reply email. Even after that, the application status was not updated for 1-2 weeks. I would try to directly contact them by phone. My experience was with the Astronomy Department.

Tom Joad

Post by Tom Joad » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:57 am

P-representation wrote:To everyone who's applied to Maryland, does you application status show your application in complete? I sent my transcripts in early Jan which reached before the deadline on Jan 11th. It's been nearly 3 weeks now and my status still shows that my transcripts are awaited. My GRE and TOEFL scores have arrived though.

Is anyone else facing the same problem? I tried contacting them but haven't had a reply so far :( . Oh, and I also forgot to attach the covering sheet with my documents :mrgreen: .
Mine says complete when I go to check application status on the ASF form, but I sent my transcripts in mid December. Did you mail or fax your documents? If not the cover sheet was not needed.

P-representation

Post by P-representation » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:19 pm

I sent them through DHL twice, once for the transcripts and the next time for the certification of finances form (attached with another copy of my transcript). I wrote my program code and name on them, so I hope it wouldn't be a major problem.

Also, I mailed the secretary of the physics department to check my status. Should I mail the graduate school directly instead?

fizzax

Post by fizzax » Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:38 pm

I sent my transcript in mid-December and it finally said that they had it on my check application status two days ago.

ModusPwnens

Post by ModusPwnens » Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:10 pm

I'm in the same boat. I sent my transcripts in early January (with the cover sheet), but the ASF site still says that they're missing. It also says not to contact them until 3 weeks after you submit, because they're swamped right now. But I got an email from a professor last week saying that he had seen my application, so I'm not worried. I also have to think that with this many people complaining about it, they'll cut you some slack when considering the applications - so if your transcripts got lost or were late or something, they probably won't hold it against you if they're having trouble managing all of the documents this year.

deathinacan

Post by deathinacan » Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:11 pm

Same thing happened to me. Sometime about a week ago I panicked and resent my transcript overnight when I saw that they hadn't received it. It still says that they don't have the transcript, so I'll just wait now.

quantum_fan

Post by quantum_fan » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:25 pm

Same here - they've listed one of my transcripts as missing despite sending it in late December.

deathinacan

Post by deathinacan » Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:31 pm

I just checked my status today, and it said "complete", so it looks like they finally got my transcript sorted out.

walczyk

Post by walczyk » Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:01 am

Has anyone heard anything from UMaryland? Or any schools with deadlines in january? I only applied to these late schools, and I've only got my first response yesterday. At least it was positive.

Skullgrid

Post by Skullgrid » Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:56 am

walczyk wrote:Has anyone heard anything from UMaryland? Or any schools with deadlines in january?
I haven't heard from UMD, but I did hear from UCSD, which also had a Jan. 15th deadline. According to the UMD application site, all decisions are given via snail mail, so it might be a while before you get it.

bfollinprm

Post by bfollinprm » Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:39 pm

If memory serves, Maryland has been rather slow each year in sending out acceptances.