Universities for Astronomy PhD for low subject test score

• This has become our largest and most active forum because the physics GRE is just one aspect of getting accepted into a graduate physics program.
  • There are applications, personal statements, letters of recommendation, visiting schools, anxiety of waiting for acceptances, deciding between schools, finding out where others are going, etc.

lordbadri

Universities for Astronomy PhD for low subject test score

Post by lordbadri » Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:25 am

Hey
I really screwed up my physics GRE (40%) :oops: :cry: ..and i am interested to apply for Graduate programs in astronomy.

Please do suggest me universities that i can approach. i am just finding it very difficult to decide and the suggestions here would be of great help to me and others who have low subject test scores.

Thanks in advance :)

Andromeda

Re: Universities for Astronomy PhD for low subject test score

Post by Andromeda » Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:48 am

Are you a domestic student or an international one?

I'm not sure about international students, but if you're a domestic student applying for astronomy that's actually an ok enough score for most schools so long as your GPA/references/etc are all ok. I remember talking to someone on the grad committee at Columbia a few years ago for example and he said as long as you were above 20th percentile they didn't really care about the PGRE scores.