Can I opt to take modern physics as major for M.sc?

aditya23456

Can I opt to take modern physics as major for M.sc?

Post by aditya23456 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:33 am

I m presently studying B.tech 4th year,with branch as electrical and electronics engineering..Is it advisable/plausible to take modern physics as my M.sc course and go for research.? I've keen interest but is it praise worthy to do so.? Since I ve a background of electrical and electronics engineering as B.tech degree..How about having M.sc in electromagnetic waves(is there any such course)(does this co-relate to quantum mechanics.?)
Hope I've sounded meaningful..thanks in advance

hb

Re: Can I opt to take modern physics as major for M.sc?

Post by hb » Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:05 pm

It is possible to get an MS in physics after a bachelor's in EE. I'm sure lots of people have done it. Whether or not it is advisable depends entirely on your specific life circumstances. Whether or not it is praise-worthy depends on the culture in which you live and your outlook on it. In most western countries a MS in physics is just about as praise-worthy as most other masters degrees.

And there is no MS in "electromagnetic waves." But you can get masters degrees in things that use electromagnetic waves, such as radar or microwave systems for example.

Other than that search the forum for advice on transitioning from engineering to physics. There is a lot of material out there.