eagerly waiting for scores online

• If you want to know something about the GRE subject test in physics then chances are you will find it in here.
  • If something about the physics GRE it isn't already discussed in here then please put it in here.

tapas

eagerly waiting for scores online

Post by tapas » Mon May 28, 2012 3:37 am

hello every body

m eagerly waiting for my PGRE April 21 , scores online .

plz post here ur marks want to know .

bye

allen berger

Re: eagerly waiting for scores online

Post by allen berger » Mon May 28, 2012 11:32 am

ETS:just one more.....one more week my dear

MikeRennie

Post by MikeRennie » Thu May 31, 2012 2:49 pm

Hi, tomorrow is the day we finally get our April 2012 Scores (yay :) ). Does anyone know if they´ll be up the first minute of June 1st? I mean, will they be up since 00:01 tomorrow?

Greetings and good luck to all.

MManuelAbad

Post by MManuelAbad » Thu May 31, 2012 9:15 pm

I'm also awaiting for the results. Please, let it be soon!! I'll post here my 500 as soon as possible.

MikeRennie

Post by MikeRennie » Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:16 am

They´re just in. Things went worse than expected, got a 590, with 29% below.

Good luck for all.

tapas

Post by tapas » Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:27 am

Got 800 , 73% below.
is it a good score I doubt.

MManuelAbad

Post by MManuelAbad » Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:33 am

I got 860, 82% below :)

Good luck for everyone.

MManuelAbad

Post by MManuelAbad » Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:36 am

tapas:

I think it is a good score. Well, the average score for UCSB is 800. Congratz.

photonic

Post by photonic » Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:18 am

Well I got 880, 84th percentile. Thought I could've done better but my mistake was probably trying to answer a few too many questions.

My plan is to retake it and have my scores sent to my safety schools in case I do worse...I assume the other schools will only see what I want to report but feel free to correct me if I'm wrong!

TakeruK

Post by TakeruK » Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:18 am

photonic wrote:Well I got 880, 84th percentile. Thought I could've done better but my mistake was probably trying to answer a few too many questions.

My plan is to retake it and have my scores sent to my safety schools in case I do worse...I assume the other schools will only see what I want to report but feel free to correct me if I'm wrong!
Currently, if you send your PGRE scores to a school, they will see ALL scores from the previous 5 years. It's been this way for awhile. You can choose to send only your General score, OR only your Subject score, OR both sets. So, if you end up applying to a school that doesn't require Subject scores, you can choose to only send them your general score if you don't like your subject score.

However, starting July 2012, ETS is implementing their ScoreSelect system (http://www.ets.org/gre/news/gre_scoreselect_option) where you can have some choice in which scores are seen. This system will be available to anyone submitting scores after July 2012 (so yes, if you took your test in the past 5 years but are applying to schools this fall/winter, you can use it too!).

Basically, for the 4 free schools (which you pick before or on the test day), you can decide to send ALL your scores (as usual) or only the most recent score (i.e. that test you are taking that day). But for the additional score reports ($23 US each), you have a third option: you can select your best score from any of your past test dates -- it's not clear whether this last option will cost extra though.

I think it's good and bad -- good because you can take every test under the same conditions (i.e. it doesn't matter if you did poorly or really good before). Bad because for the 4 free schools, you run the risk of doing worse on the current exam (and you don't get to see your score before you choose your 4 free schools, for the subject test anyways). So, to really take advantage of ScoreSelect, you have to pay for at least the additional score report (and perhaps an extra fee for ScoreSelect? not sure). This basically means that people could feel pressured to spend more money either in submitting scores for a fee, or even retaking tests!

microacg

Post by microacg » Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:39 am

When you remember that everything they do is solely for the purpose of making money, you probably have your answer.

kangaroo

Post by kangaroo » Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:15 pm

Seriously, not a single person above 900? You guys must be astronomy majors...

allen berger

Post by allen berger » Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:54 pm

Hey guys, I could not see my score.
Did anybody get such a message:

''View Scores Online
Important Message
Your request could not be processed. Please contact GRE Services for assistance. ''

Please let me know if I can do something about it.
Thanks

nerdpunk

Post by nerdpunk » Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:28 pm

Last edited by nerdpunk on Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TakeruK

Post by TakeruK » Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:05 pm

microacg wrote:When you remember that everything they do is solely for the purpose of making money, you probably have your answer.
Maybe their next service improvement will be selling pencils and erasers at testing sites at a great deal of $10/package so that we don't have to bring anything. And to enhance test security, testing forms will now only accept these special ETS pencils!
allen berger wrote:Hey guys, I could not see my score.
Did anybody get such a message:

''View Scores Online
Important Message
Your request could not be processed. Please contact GRE Services for assistance. ''

Please let me know if I can do something about it.
Thanks
I saw that message last year when I tried to view and order additional score reports in the first few days after the scores went online. I tried again in 2-3 days and the message was gone and I could submit my scores. So maybe try again in a few days, and if still no result, you could try to call their customer service number.

allen berger

Post by allen berger » Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:34 pm

@TakeruK
Thank you. I will do just as you said.
Best regards