Anyone else still waiting on a single acceptance?

• This has become our largest and most active forum because the physics GRE is just one aspect of getting accepted into a graduate physics program.
  • There are applications, personal statements, letters of recommendation, visiting schools, anxiety of waiting for acceptances, deciding between schools, finding out where others are going, etc.

coffee&physics

Anyone else still waiting on a single acceptance?

Post by coffee&physics » Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:04 pm

Working on my contingency plan now, need to find either rolling admissions somewhere or a job. Should have studied more for the PGRE!

wiak2

Re: Anyone else still waiting on a single acceptance?

Post by wiak2 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:34 pm

Also not accepted anywhere yet, but am waitlisted at four schools, and still waiting on Arizona State to make their decision.

baconface

Post by baconface » Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:16 pm

In the same boat here, boys. Shouldn't have f*cked around with my math grades... Oh, well. Live and learn?

Anyway, there's still a dim hope for all of us. Even though -- in my case -- it's almost a certainty that this fall I will not be attending grad school. It's a shame, since I though I had a nice turn-around story going...

Good luck to you all!

ieatfish

Post by ieatfish » Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:25 pm

Me too. I applied to 14 schools and got rejected in 11 officially. Wait-listed in 2 and haven't heard back from U Florida despite inquiry. Feeling very low :cry:

coffee&physics

Post by coffee&physics » Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:26 pm

Does anyone know of any schools that still have applications open? I haven't figured out how to sort by that on gradschoolshopper.com, and it is definitely looking like I hit 100% rejection this year.

grae313

Post by grae313 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:56 pm

coffee&physics wrote:Does anyone know of any schools that still have applications open? I haven't figured out how to sort by that on gradschoolshopper.com, and it is definitely looking like I hit 100% rejection this year.
Here's a few: http://www.physicsgre.com/viewtopic.php ... e&start=50

Google also gives a number of schools with April deadlines: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=physics+phd+april+deadline
Note that a lot of them have this later deadline for applications that are not requesting TA-ships/support, but that only means they may not be able to guarantee you support in your first year. You should consider applying anyway and there's still a good chance you'll be able to get a TA or RA position. You can always turn them down if they can't offer you money.

siroy.sam

Post by siroy.sam » Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:46 pm

Anyone, domestic or international still waiting for single acceptance close to this April 15?

I am rejected at 2, Waitlisted at 3 and 1 still refuse to respond to my inquiry. University of Mississippi informed that my chance is very low due to my low Quant GRE score, yet they didn't reject me outright. They told they were not sure if they will give anymore offer. But why didn't they tell that I am rejected?

Florida State University graduate school responded on email enquiry saying that my application is referred to academic program and told me to contact the program for my status. But the concerned program does bother to respond to my enquiry. What's actually happening with my application at FSU? Am I rejected here too or am I waitlisted here as well? Looks like I am not joining graduate school this year.