Wave propagation

• Imagine you are sipping tea or coffee while discussing various issues with a broad and diverse network of students, colleagues, and friends brought together by the common bond of physics, graduate school, and the physics GRE.

nuimshaan

Wave propagation

Post by nuimshaan » Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:51 pm

Have you ever heard you're never really going any faster than you're actually going...or you're deluded?

I have, and it's true. However fast I was going...that's exactly how fast I was going.

Through whatever set of circumstances resulted in me moving that fast, the fact remains...it was me, I WAS moving that fast.

It is also very true I traveled from point A to point B.

It is also true it took exactly as long as it took.

I either traveled from point A to point B, or I didn't.

I also know the world is alive right now. I mean right NOW.

I know there are many different places I could travel to right NOW.

I know if I travel super fast or super slow, all of those places in this world are there right NOW.

It doesn't matter I can't see them...I know they are there. What you are trying to do is move from here to there. It doesn't matter how fast you go to get there.

You either moved from here to there or not. Hopefully you arrived intact and unharmed.

If I could move from the Earth to Pluto in two seconds, and if I really could do it. It would take me two seconds to GET THERE.

And then I would BE THERE.

It doesn't matter if I passed out during the trip, and while I was passed out I started "tripping" for two seconds.

What does matter is if I actually did it, and survived the trip to talk about it.

Like when one wave is traveling through space and crashes into another wave and a sound is made...now you have a location. Something tangible for the ear to hear. You can say you heard the sound of waves crashing over there.

But if the waves don't travel through space...they don't crash into other waves, and no crashing sounds. Just a lot of buzzing.

So at least for wave propagation there exists no evidence of time travel, only traveling a distance and the time it took to do it.

The length of time it takes to travel a said distance rests solely on how fast your moving.

Increased speed of travel only reduces travel time.

Not only does increased speed result in less travel time for the object moving, people like you and me can see it took less time, because we can clock the race car moving on the track.

No matter how fast it is moving.

I know that being able to clock high velocities can get alltogether mind boggling with a Timex 3000 in your hand. That stopwatch can measure time down to the .0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000009ths of a second. And that's UBER FAST.

Movement does actually include a real object, a real distance, and a real speed. We measure the time. The object does not know or care if we are measuring how long the trip took.

It is physically impossible for the object to move from point A to point B any faster than it is actually moving. No matter how long it takes, even .00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000008 of a second.

Speed is not TIME TRAVEL. It is TRAVEL TIME>

Nuimshaan

negru

Re: Wave propagation

Post by negru » Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:57 pm

Gotta be the longest description of v=x/t i ever read

nuimshaan

Post by nuimshaan » Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:50 am

Minus the imaginary Lorentz transformations...thank you

midwestphysics

Post by midwestphysics » Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:12 am

negru wrote:Gotta be the longest description of v=x/t i ever read
:lol:

nuimshaan

Post by nuimshaan » Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:14 am

negru wrote:Gotta be the longest description of v=x/t i ever read
Minus imaginary time dialations and imaginations of the mind such as Lorentz transformations.

Those are superluminal super imaginative delusions void of solid trajectory physics, like the quotes and phrases you find at half price books in the science-fiction section.

Since the combined effects of quantum mechanical structures exhibit a constant v=x/t movement pattern, all sub atomic particles behave accordingly and in accord produce the v=x/t formula for which you can measure velocity and trajectory with precision.

Since all mass in movement produces energy, any increase in variables produces an increase in results.

Since a very large amount of mass moving at a very slow speed can equal the energy of a small amount of mass moving at twice the speed of light...it goes without saying that multiplying all mass by a constant speed variable is incorrect. Since a large mass with slow speed can equal a small mass with incredible speed as far as energy is concerned. You do not HAVE to move mass at twice the speed of light in order to convert it into energy.

In fact, common everyday energy we use here on Earth happens at a much much slower speed.

Take an electric generator for example...spinning at 1000rpm...whether you like it or not...that is mass moving relatively slow and still being converted into energy...perhaps 14.4 volts 90 amps.

Therefore; E=mc2 is incorrect for calculating all energy conversions occuring at slower speeds, and perhaps even at higher speeds than c2.

I can convert the amount of mass from both of my hands into several units of heat by rubbing them together slowly but with a lot of force.

I can decrease the force i'm rubbing my hands together with but speed up how fast I rub them back and forth and get the same amount of heat or more.

E=ms is very simple and universally accepted as a precise indicator of how much energy you will get.
Where E is energy, m is mass, and s is speed.

Packing more mass into one location increases density, but don't forget you have more mass....a small ball of unobtanium may weigh several million tons...so if it's moving only 5 miles per hour...you have a lot of energy!

nuimshaan

Post by nuimshaan » Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:25 am

No one in their right mind uses Einstein equations or Lorentz transformations to calibrate the Patriot missle system. It is a solid trajectory system capable of knowing when and where a high velocity object will be in order to intercept with high velocity, and destroy by means of physical contact at one location in space. At one time...you may argue all you want about time dialation...but either the patriot missle hits the other missle in mid-air or it doesn't...no matter how fast either are traveling...they make a faster missle...you better make a faster patriot missle or better detection time...because it's coming at you real fast...