Oct PGRE

jkrabbit

Oct PGRE

Post by jkrabbit » Sat Sep 17, 2011 12:22 am

Hey everydoby, I will be taking the PGRE on Oct and now I am so stressed out because I have no clue how I should study for it. I will really appreciate it if anyone can help me out with this. :)
So, I looked up the old posts and people said as long as you understand the materials in the 4 practice tests you should be good to go. I wonder if can I get over 800 just by working on the 4 practice tests? Thanks!

grae313

Re: Oct PGRE

Post by grae313 » Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:03 pm

This is a pretty silly question. Some students take the practice tests at home without studying and get a perfect score, others will never get over a 700 no matter how hard they study. The practice tests show you the test format, give you an idea of the scope of the content, help you work on your timing, and give you practice looking for intuition/tricks/symmetries/approximations/back-of-the-envelope calculations to solve problems. Of course the 4 practice tests do not contain everything you could ever be asked about on the actual exam, but it will cover a lot of it. Your score will depend on your background preparation in physics and your problem solving skills.

Take one of the old practice test and see how you do. That's really the only way for you or us to know how best to go about preparing over the next few weeks.