I still didn't get a reply from OSU what should i do?

• This has become our largest and most active forum because the physics GRE is just one aspect of getting accepted into a graduate physics program.
  • There are applications, personal statements, letters of recommendation, visiting schools, anxiety of waiting for acceptances, deciding between schools, finding out where others are going, etc.

alemsalem

I still didn't get a reply from OSU what should i do?

Post by alemsalem » Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:33 pm

I applied on 27-dec, to Ohio state's physics department, I still did not receive any reply, and the online status check says incomplete.
im worried because I only have until 15-apr to respond to acceptance letters.

did they forget about me or something..

TheBeast

Re: I still didn't get a reply from OSU what should i do?

Post by TheBeast » Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:35 pm

Give them a call. Inquire about the status of your application.

grae313

Post by grae313 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:37 pm

If the online status says incomplete, that probably means they didn't receive all of your applications materials, thus your application is incomplete and they most likely have not even reviewed it. I think it's far too late to be checking on this now, and you should respond to one of your other offers.

tady

Post by tady » Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:45 pm

Yeah haven't heard from Wisconsin either :(

sphy

Post by sphy » Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:56 pm

tady wrote:Yeah haven't heard from Wisconsin either :(
I have not heard from most of my schools even though my application is complete.

@To the original poster: I don't know, may be OSU sends application to the graduation office first then after they review they send it to the concerned department for the formal review. As I can see you might have missed something about your application (or they missed something from your application package), so they put on Incomplete Status. Though it's late, it never hurts to call the graduation office and ask what they miss? It will certainly make your time and money worthwhile along with the efforts you have done already in the tedious application process.

Call them today. it's Friday. Don't do late.

ashowmega

Post by ashowmega » Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:13 pm

My experience of applying to OSU and asking people over there in administration within the first month of application says that OSU application status appears "Incomplete" until the "Departmental Internal Procedure" is complete which in my understanding means that until the department itself makes final decision and hence completes the application, the application status stays "Incomplete". My application status stayed "Incomplete" even after they verified over the phone, in early Feb, that I have everything in my application. I am currently officially waitlisted according to email from the department chair, but the application status still says incomplete.

Regarding why have you not heard from the department, I would call them and ask.

grae313

Post by grae313 » Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:42 am

ashowmega wrote:My experience of applying to OSU and asking people over there in administration within the first month of application says that OSU application status appears "Incomplete" until the "Departmental Internal Procedure" is complete which in my understanding means that until the department itself makes final decision and hence completes the application, the application status stays "Incomplete". My application status stayed "Incomplete" even after they verified over the phone, in early Feb, that I have everything in my application. I am currently officially waitlisted according to email from the department chair, but the application status still says incomplete.

Regarding why have you not heard from the department, I would call them and ask.
Thanks for clearing that up, disregard my post!

tady

Post by tady » Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:15 am

Well I heard back from Wisconsin and their offer letter has no mention of funding. So in a sense, it's not much of an offer. Has anyone else dealt with a similar situation? Tick tock, April 15th is fast approaching....

bfollinprm

Post by bfollinprm » Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:22 am

tady wrote:Well I heard back from Wisconsin and their offer letter has no mention of funding. So in a sense, it's not much of an offer. Has anyone else dealt with a similar situation? Tick tock, April 15th is fast approaching....
Call dude...you will probably get an offer later (officially from the dean, whose permission they need to send official offer letters), but you need to know now what that offer is going to be.

sphy

Post by sphy » Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:28 am

tady wrote:Well I heard back from Wisconsin and their offer letter has no mention of funding. So in a sense, it's not much of an offer. Has anyone else dealt with a similar situation? Tick tock, April 15th is fast approaching....
Yeah, I have a pretty similar situation from SUNY B.