Anyone Waitlisted?

• This has become our largest and most active forum because the physics GRE is just one aspect of getting accepted into a graduate physics program.
  • There are applications, personal statements, letters of recommendation, visiting schools, anxiety of waiting for acceptances, deciding between schools, finding out where others are going, etc.

ashowmega

Re: Anyone Waitlisted?

Post by ashowmega » Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:17 pm

Just got a chance to get back to this thread. Surprisingly enough, for good reasons I'd say, it took a direction that I had not imagined. Felt like I need to edit my post too :D

Goran15

Post by Goran15 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:53 pm

grae313 wrote: It's been asked and answered. It depends on the university, but most aren't interested in making you repeat classes if you already know the information. They know how international programs work, and the international "first years" that enter a US program aren't in the same set of classes as the American first years.
finally some good news. All I need now is an acceptance and I'm all set 8)

negru

Post by negru » Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:09 pm

ashowmega wrote:Just got a chance to get back to this thread. Surprisingly enough, for good reasons I'd say, it took a direction that I had not imagined. Felt like I need to edit my post too :D
Yeah and it's all your fault too! See what happens when females get any self-esteem? They go ape ***.

dada

Post by dada » Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:10 pm

i was just waitlisted at rutgers! anybody who got accepted and doesnt wanna go there please withdraw their application. give a chance to a mexican kid that dreams big!!!!

ashowmega

Post by ashowmega » Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:09 pm

negru wrote: Yeah and it's all your fault too!
No comments!!! :)
negru wrote: See what happens when females get any self-esteem? They go ape ***.
Sounds like you are assuming I am male. Remember, Hawking realized that he was wrong when he thought black hole "eats" everything? :twisted:

axiomofchoice

Post by axiomofchoice » Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:17 pm

In case versperlynd is still reading the forum, I would like to encourage her to repost her profile. Even if removing some information... just the GPA + basic research info + GRE/PGRE score + list of schools and results would be a great courtesy to the future applicants.

bfollinprm

Post by bfollinprm » Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:05 pm

axiomofchoice wrote:In case versperlynd is still reading the forum, I would like to encourage her to repost her profile. Even if removing some information... just the GPA + basic research info + GRE/PGRE score + list of schools and results would be a great courtesy to the future applicants.
Especially in her case. From what I remember, she was proof that you can get into great schools even when all the numbers don't work out for you perfectly. Perfect inspiration for people afraid to apply to the Caltechs of the world.

SPat

Post by SPat » Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:53 pm

dada wrote:i was just waitlisted at rutgers! anybody who got accepted and doesnt wanna go there please withdraw their application. give a chance to a mexican kid that dreams big!!!!
Waitlisted as well. A bit sad - Rutgers is one of my top choices.

tychobrahe_1

Post by tychobrahe_1 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:58 am

Waitlisted at UMBC. Anyone declining an offer from them?

tconklin

Post by tconklin » Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:42 am

Waitlisted at 4 schools; Rutgers, UH, UVA, UMD...though it seems like UMD is saying that to pretty much everyone. I really want to get my list as short as possible now that I've heard back from everywhere (I had a shot at getting into at least). But it's proving to be really difficult since I'm on so many wait lists. I explained my situation to Rutgers, with the expectation to withdraw, though they've seemed the most optimistic that I will be offered admission so maybe good things :).