Statistics/Profiles for Mechanical Engineering?

• This has become our largest and most active forum because the physics GRE is just one aspect of getting accepted into a graduate physics program.
  • There are applications, personal statements, letters of recommendation, visiting schools, anxiety of waiting for acceptances, deciding between schools, finding out where others are going, etc.

itsmi

Statistics/Profiles for Mechanical Engineering?

Post by itsmi » Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:11 pm

Hi everyone!
I am new to this forum and I already love it! I spent the whole afternoon in reading the stickys of the 'Applicant Profiles and Admission Results'.

I am a German student of Mechanical Engineering and I am wondering if there are some web pages similar to this one, related to mechanical engineering. It would just be great to browse through ME applicants profiles! Also, any idea if the points (GPA, GRE) in Physics are comparable with the ones in Mechanical Engineering? If not, which one 'should be' the better ones to have success?

The reason is that I want to check my profile if it is matching to some of the great US Universities.

Thanks for any help!!
Jochen

pqortic

Re: Statistics/Profiles for Mechanical Engineering?

Post by pqortic » Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:06 pm

Hi

this forum is particularly for Physics students or for people who are interested in physics related stuff. I am not sure if you can find a website with similar profile threads for other majors on the web.
the records are weighed in a different way for engineering majors. you don't have subject GRE test and General GRE weighs a lot in your application. you may find some stuff for your major in thegradcafe.com.

Ruby890

Post by Ruby890 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:06 pm

Here is the engineering link to the Grad Cafe. Last year noojens borrowed the PhysicsGRE profile template and pinned a Profile results/discussion. A new thread has been updated this year. The site has some good information, but nothing like the camaraderie here at PhysicsGRE !!
http://forum.thegradcafe.com/forum/32-e ... ilter__all

itsmi

Post by itsmi » Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:45 am

Thank you a lot! It is probably not as good as this web site but it's pretty good and exactly what I am looking for.

Are there some other sources like that one?

Thanks a lot!!