Should I even take it ?

• If you want to know something about the GRE subject test in physics then chances are you will find it in here.
  • If something about the physics GRE it isn't already discussed in here then please put it in here.

ghostofbohr

Should I even take it ?

Post by ghostofbohr » Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:36 am

Hello All,
Thanks for taking the time to read this post. I have taken a few undergrad physics courses, though it was a while back and am sure I didn't learn everything I needed to. Moreover I only have about a month and a half (until April 14) to prepare for the physics GRE, my questions is- should I take it in April ? Or should I wait until Nov./Dec. ? Is a month enough time to prepare with a so-so physics background? How difficult is it really ? The only reason I don't want to wait is it would mean waiting a whole year to apply (a couple of schools told me they'd accept April applications.) Any reply would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

tnoviell

Post by tnoviell » Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:50 am

It's not a hard test but you definitely need time to prepare to shake the cobwebs out of your head. You could take it in April to get a feel for it, study over the summer, and take it again in the fall. That's kind of unnecessary, though, as there are practice tests out there that should prepare you well.