Most Underrated Schools.

WhoaNonstop

Most Underrated Schools.

Post by WhoaNonstop » Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:08 am

I was wondering if anyone had opinions on schools they believe are underrated in Physics. For example, even though I have not looked into it very much, it appears that out of the Ivy League, Brown University tends to recieve very few applications to positions available compared to the other Ivy League schools. Maybe Brown doesn't have as great as Physics program, but surely it would be a decent program. Are there any other schools that tend to be underrated?

-Riley

Quantum Triviality

Re: Most Underrated Schools.

Post by Quantum Triviality » Wed May 19, 2010 10:47 pm

I think it is really tough to say what schools are under/overrated in general. Instead, it is easiest to say by specialities.

I am going to Boston University and I would say that they are underrated for HET. Sorry I can't contribute more.

InquilineKea

Post by InquilineKea » Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:20 pm

Well, maybe states that people tend to laugh at tend to be underrated? Iowa State is seen as underrated, and I can easily see the same for Nebraska and Kansas. Basically, midwestern schools seem to be underrated.

WhoaNonstop

Post by WhoaNonstop » Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:16 am

Wow, this is a really old post from me. Now I could even answer my own question. I agree with a lot of midwest schools being underrated.

-Riley