PLEASE HELP ME WITH THIS!

• If you want to know something about the GRE subject test in physics then chances are you will find it in here.
  • If something about the physics GRE it isn't already discussed in here then please put it in here.

aldeemativo

PLEASE HELP ME WITH THIS!

Post by aldeemativo » Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:07 am

VELOCITY AND ACCELERATION:

An airplane lands in a carrier deck at 150 miles per hour and is brought to a stop by an arresting device in 500 feet.

What is the acceleration?
What is the time required to stop?

HappyQuark

Re: PLEASE HELP ME WITH THIS!

Post by HappyQuark » Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:39 am

aldeemativo wrote:VELOCITY AND ACCELERATION:

An airplane lands in a carrier deck at 150 miles per hour and is brought to a stop by an arresting device in 500 feet.

Wow, really? I hope not a single person helps you with this problem, seeing as physics doesn't get much easier than this and if you can't do it yourself you might as well quit now.

Furthermore, YOU LOOK LIKE A FOOL WHEN YOU DON'T KNOW HOW TO USE CAPITAL LETTERS PROPERLY.

grae313

Post by grae313 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:03 pm

CAPS LOCK IS CRUISE CONTROL FOR AWESOME. GET IT STRAIGHT.

HappyQuark

Post by HappyQuark » Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:11 pm

grae313 wrote:CAPS LOCK IS CRUISE CONTROL FOR AWESOME. GET IT STRAIGHT.
everybodywhoreallyknowshowtobecoolknowsthatthetricktobeingawesomemeansneverusingthespacebarortheshiftkey,obviously!

grae313

Post by grae313 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:25 pm

oRusInGtHesHiFTkeyiNrAndOmplAces!

Seriously though, what's up with these kids today and Capitalizing random Words in sentences?

HappyQuark

Post by HappyQuark » Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:47 pm

grae313 wrote:oRusInGtHesHiFTkeyiNrAndOmplAces!

Seriously though, what's up with these kids today and Capitalizing random Words in sentences?
For rizzle dizzle. Todizzle kids dizzle know whizzle to pizzle the propizzle grammatizzle mizzle. Do you fizzle mizzle?

grae313

Post by grae313 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:57 am

HappyQuark wrote:

For rizzle dizzle. Todizzle kids dizzle know whizzle to pizzle the propizzle grammatizzle mizzle. Do you fizzle mizzle?
I totally fizzle you.

axiomofchoice

Post by axiomofchoice » Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:28 am

Because their keyboards are possessed by the demons known as boogie-woogie-donkie-kuzzie, and thus the shift key is enabled for every 0.375819380481547... second but not when the number of milliseconds since 1.5829556729042852 B.C. is divisible by an odd perfect number (mankind has not had the luck in discovering one yet: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perfect_nu ... ct_numbers. but you will get a Feeeeild medal for finding one).

WhoaNonstop

Post by WhoaNonstop » Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:44 am

aldeemativo wrote:VELOCITY AND ACCELERATION:

I apologize for our ridiculous members. I can guarantee you I have never acted that ridiculous on this forum. Let me help you with the problem.

First, we must ask ourselves what the arresting device really is:

If it is indeed the person above that is the arresting device, we should contact him and figure out his height. (It may be important to the question at hand)

http://www.whitepages.com

But, if we want to get a rough estimate on the problem, let's assume he is 4 feet tall, or roughly 1.2 meters tall.

Now if he is that short, we can assume that he is from Vatican City (obviously small countries produce small people). Any other assumption would be ludicrous.

By deducing he is from the Vatican City means one thing and one thing only. This problem is nonexistent because this country does not control any airplane carriers. I applaud your teacher for giving you such a tricky question. You obviously were right to come to this forum for help.

Cheers.

-Riley