changing/removing score recipients

ryan6

changing/removing score recipients

Post by ryan6 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:20 am

When I registered for the november exam, I specified my 4 score recipients and I am almost certain that I read somewhere that I could change/remove/add these anytime up to the friday before the exam. But now I cant find out where to do this. If anyone has done this before or knows how, please enlighten. I couldnt find it any of the other threads.

satyad18

Re: changing/removing score recipients

Post by satyad18 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:36 am

Well, I'm not sure, but I think you are supposed to do it via the correction stub provided in the PGRE hall ticket.

HappyQuark

Post by HappyQuark » Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:45 am

ryan6 wrote:When I registered for the november exam, I specified my 4 score recipients and I am almost certain that I read somewhere that I could change/remove/add these anytime up to the friday before the exam. But now I cant find out where to do this. If anyone has done this before or knows how, please enlighten. I couldnt find it any of the other threads.
It's a little late for this, being after the test and all, but maybe this will help future test takers who have the same question.

The 4 free GRE score reports ETS sends can be changed, but they must have the information no later than the Friday before the exam. The changes can be made either by filling out the information change form attached to your GRE admissions ticket stub, by phone or by email. The specific instructions for how to go about making these changes is detailed on the back side of the change form attached to the ticket stub.

wisegops

Post by wisegops » Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:04 am

You can try writing to gre-info@ets.org. I tried it but am yet to learn about the outcome. They usually don't encourage a change after the test, but since they are probably still in the process of gathering and scoring the test papers and may only be sending the results after a few days later, they might just be kind enough to accommodate.

pqortic

Post by pqortic » Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:52 am

wisegops wrote:You can try writing to gre-info@ets.org. I tried it but am yet to learn about the outcome. They usually don't encourage a change after the test, but since they are probably still in the process of gathering and scoring the test papers and may only be sending the results after a few days later, they might just be kind enough to accommodate.
with all the regulations that they have, I don't think they accept it.

HappyQuark

Post by HappyQuark » Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:10 pm

Here is a bit of an update on my situation that may shed some light on this question.

In a previous thread (located HERE) I mentioned that the automated registration had some issue and I wasn't given the option select 4 free score reports for the November exam. I contacted ETS via email and they informed me that I could use the information change stub attached to my admissions ticket in order to add these 4 schools. Due to a combination of getting my admissions/change info ticket late and procrastinating because I kept changing my mind on which schools I would send the scores to, I ended up waiting until the last moment. On the Friday before the November exam, i.e. the last day they would allow me to change my score recipients, I sent them an email with my change information. Today, the following Wednesday after the exam, they emailed me to tell me that they wouldn't allow me to select my schools because I didn't get my information in on time. Apparently what they mean by, "the Friday before the exam day" is "Before the end of standard business hours, on the Friday before the exam" so I missed the deadline by a couple of hours.

Just to be clear, I'm not complaining that ETS didn't accept my information. It is ultimately my own fault for taking too long to make my decision. What I am saying is that if they wouldn't accept my request which was only 2 hours late and partly caused by their own system, they almost certainly won't accept a change request a couple days past the deadline.

wisegops

Post by wisegops » Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:50 am

yeah i guess ur right.