Is my GRE score any good

• If you want to know something about the GRE subject test in physics then chances are you will find it in here.
  • If something about the physics GRE it isn't already discussed in here then please put it in here.

fayez0

Is my GRE score any good

Post by fayez0 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:03 pm

Hello guys:

I just need some advice, I scores 780 (70%) in the gre physics. I am an international student and my GPA is 4.0 so far, is my standing good enough (although I doubt this)? If not, can anyone give some pieces of advice about who to achieve 90% +? (my professor told my that this is the minimum for international students to get admitted by a top school).

thanks

WhoaNonstop

Re: Is my GRE score any good

Post by WhoaNonstop » Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:33 pm

I think 780 is a shaky score for a domestic student wanting to go to "Top Schools". Remember, your degree is worth what you put into your research, not necessarily the school you go to. I think your 780 will be fine for getting into places, just perhaps not the best schools. If you want a 90%+, you should have started the process of studying way before now. There really is no trick to getting over a 90% with this little time left to study.

-Riley

fayez0

Post by fayez0 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:49 pm

I plan of retaking the GRE next April, it's kinda funny coz I thought the questions were easy (I answered 91 problems), but it seems that I am unable to avoid making silly mistakes while I am solving

WhoaNonstop

Post by WhoaNonstop » Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:45 pm

Then you've already located the problem, now spend a lot of time studying and you won't make those mistakes.

-Riley