One stop for Modern Physics

• As many already know, studying for the physics GRE and getting accepted into a graduate program is not the final hurdle in your physics career.
  • There are many issues current physics graduate students face such as studying for their qualifier, deciding upon a field of research, choosing an advisor, being an effective teaching assistant, trying to have a social life, navigating department politics, dealing with stress, utilizing financial aid, etc.

satyad18

One stop for Modern Physics

Post by satyad18 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:00 am

Hi guys,

Long time no see post here!

I want to refresh my concepts on the 4 pillars (CM, SM, QM, ED) at the graduate level.
Is there a one stop book or online material that I can review?

I already own the 3 (theoretical minimum) books from Susskind, CM book from Goldstein, QM book from Sakurai, ED book from Jackson.
However, I do not want to spend too much going through each one of them in detail, but still would like to get the review of all 4 topics.

What do you suggest?

Thank you!

flut34

Re: One stop for Modern Physics

Post by flut34 » Wed Jan 12, 2022 3:22 pm

On the premise of being at the graduate level, you won't find anything. Those are all theory books/concepts. If you want something more surface level, you can check out so experimental books. There are also modern physics books specifically.