Am I being super paranoid and stupid for thinking this?

• If you want to know something about the GRE subject test in physics then chances are you will find it in here.
  • If something about the physics GRE it isn't already discussed in here then please put it in here.

irockhard

Am I being super paranoid and stupid for thinking this?

Post by irockhard » Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:17 pm

So today I took the general GRE and got 800 on math. I was pretty happy about it. But now I am starting to get a little (just a little) worried that I might have seen my score wrong. I did not expect to see the scores that fast right after the research section so I was a little caught unprepared for when they showed up. And I think I clicked on "proceed" really fast. I am just really surprised that I got 800 since during the test I panicked a couple times and had to just guess on a bunch of questions. I thought I probably got around four wrong or more. I know it sounds extremely stupid or pointless for me to ask this, but what are the chances that it said 700 but I misread it for 800 or the computer had a glitch so instead of spitting out 700 it gave me 800.

nathan12343

Re: Am I being super paranoid and stupid for thinking this?

Post by nathan12343 » Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:28 pm

Only you know the answer. Don't worry too much, 700 and 800 are both good scores and the math GRE isn't particularly important for admissions decisions.

mirage

Re: Am I being super paranoid and stupid for thinking this?

Post by mirage » Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:29 pm

The general GRE is an adaptive test - so if you were doing really well at the beginning the questions would've gotten progressively more difficult, so I think that even if you were guessing at the end your score could certainly be an 800.
Anyways, don't worry about it too much... There are happier ways to spend your time :)