score reporting

blackcat007

score reporting

Post by blackcat007 » Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:48 pm

ok!! so sending official test scores cost $20/ university which is no joke in indian currency. so i was going through the university websites and i found that they even accept photocopies for just the evaluation process, but you are officially admitted after you submit the true copy.

But as i will be taking nov PGRE, i can only report my score through the online registration(after knowing it over phone around 19th nov), i can't even send a photocopy. so will just my score(without any proof) be considered for evaluation process?
also i was thinking that once i am admitted to the university , then i can request ETS for an official test report to be sent to that university, will this work? i mean say, they tell you that you are accepted, then i guess you need to show your official score report before the financial statement is sent to you, right?, then will ETS be able to send the report in such a short span of time?

sravanskarri

Re: score reporting

Post by sravanskarri » Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:26 pm

I too have the same problem. I am not sure if my official scoring reports are going to make it before the application deadlines, which for most schools is December.

Can any one please adivse ?

nathan12343

Post by nathan12343 » Sat Jul 18, 2009 3:32 am

This is most likely a school by school thing. You should try contacting the profs in charge of graduate admissions at your schools in the fall, they will most likely be able to help you.

blackcat007

Post by blackcat007 » Sat Jul 18, 2009 4:25 am

well i contacted the graduate administrator of one of the schools and the reply was this
"We will indeed receive your GRE scores in time. Just be sure that you have completed your application on-line and that you have paid the application fee. Please ask your recommenders to be sure to have their letters in as early as possible, and as close to the deadline that they can.

Feel free to ask more questions if you have any."

i must also add that they had mentioned in their FAQ's that they follow the deadlines very strictly..
so is this just another euphemistic reply?