Refund of Application Fee

• This has become our largest and most active forum because the physics GRE is just one aspect of getting accepted into a graduate physics program.
  • There are applications, personal statements, letters of recommendation, visiting schools, anxiety of waiting for acceptances, deciding between schools, finding out where others are going, etc.

sergei

Refund of Application Fee

Post by sergei » Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:03 pm

I applied to the UBC for PhD but never heard back a word regarding my applicaiton. I emailed & called the Physics Departmen billion times, but never get a good respose. ( they always tell me that they will ask to the Graduate Admissions Chair and call&email me back as soon as the find out what my application status is ). So, since it is June and no decision has been made on my application, I am wondering if I should as for refundment of my application fee.

grae313

Re: Refund of Application Fee

Post by grae313 » Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:54 pm

sergei wrote:I applied to the UBC for PhD but never heard back a word regarding my applicaiton. I emailed & called the Physics Departmen billion times, but never get a good respose. ( they always tell me that they will ask to the Graduate Admissions Chair and call&email me back as soon as the find out what my application status is ). So, since it is June and no decision has been made on my application, I am wondering if I should as for refundment of my application fee.
I would.

blackcat007

Post by blackcat007 » Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:02 am

sergei wrote:I applied to the UBC for PhD but never heard back a word regarding my applicaiton. I emailed & called the Physics Departmen billion times, but never get a good respose. ( they always tell me that they will ask to the Graduate Admissions Chair and call&email me back as soon as the find out what my application status is ). So, since it is June and no decision has been made on my application, I am wondering if I should as for refundment of my application fee.
you can ask for application fee refund incase you are not selected?? :?

nathan12343

Post by nathan12343 » Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:34 pm

blackcat007 wrote:you can ask for application fee refund incase you are not selected?? :?
If they have completely dropped the ball on your application, like UBC aparrently has.

I think most Canadian universities are not bound by the April 15th rule, is there a chance that they are actually still deciding on your application?

pqortic

Post by pqortic » Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:21 pm

nathan12343 wrote: I think most Canadian universities are not bound by the April 15th rule, is there a chance that they are actually still deciding on your application?
I don't think so. since many people have heard from them both rejection and acceptance. everything is probable cuz they don't give you definite response but you shouldn't count on them too much.

stardust

Post by stardust » Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:06 am

You can ask for an application fee refund, but you are never going to get it. They
would likely send a rejection instead just so they can keep your money.

The best thing to do is not call the secretaries or the Graduate Admission guy, but the
Chairman of the department telling him what a late date it is and you have other offers so
you really need to know. Once the other people are told to do something from the Chairman,
it will be amazing how fast they will move their butts.

Good luck.

grae313

Post by grae313 » Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:36 am

blackcat007 wrote:you can ask for application fee refund incase you are not selected?? :?
Uh... try reading his post again. That's not at all what this thread is about.

a13ean

Post by a13ean » Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:50 pm

blanked