Who is going to rutgers?

manunited

Who is going to rutgers?

Post by manunited » Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:22 pm

Hey guys I have deicded to go to rutgers and i am looking to live off campus. So if anybody is interested in sharing an apartment just post something in the thread.

tiyusufaly

Re: Who is going to rutgers?

Post by tiyusufaly » Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:09 pm

I am going to Rutgers, and I want to live off campus, but probably in my own apartment / studio, if that is feasible.

I have heard Highland Park (2 square mile neighborhood just east of Busch Campus) is a grad student town where lots of people live, so maybe look there.

In any case, I think this is a good place to get started: http://ruoffcampus.rutgers.edu - Rutgers off campus housing.

Any particular professors whose work interests you?

astrofan

Post by astrofan » Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:32 am

I am looking to share an apartment, as is one other incoming grad student.

Though, we both have summer jobs, and won't be showing up until late August.

manunited

Post by manunited » Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:18 pm

@tiyusufaly
thnx.....i do not know yet who i am going to work with.

@astrofan...

early/late august sounds good to me.... let me know if you guys don't mind sharing apartment with one more person....

astrofan

Post by astrofan » Thu May 14, 2009 2:58 pm

has anyone got any info on when/what's on the placement exam.

I want to study up for it, but I would like a little guidance on what to expect before starting, though I guess it does not matter much.

slugger

Post by slugger » Fri May 15, 2009 8:26 pm

I was an undergrad at rutgers and the website that tiyusufaly mentioned is where i always found my housing and roommates. Highland park is a really great neighborhood just over the raritan from new brunswick proper--comprised highly of grad students and even some professors. I remember hearing that it has one of the highest level of education to income ratios in the country--but that may have been urban legend. But dont rule out living around college ave. Its a lot more boisterous and teeming with undergrads but you are right in the middle of the action--and i promise you wont want to make the drunk walk from clydz to highland park in the winter, its no fun.