Grad Quantum?

• This has become our largest and most active forum because the physics GRE is just one aspect of getting accepted into a graduate physics program.
  • There are applications, personal statements, letters of recommendation, visiting schools, anxiety of waiting for acceptances, deciding between schools, finding out where others are going, etc.

sid_04

Grad Quantum?

Post by sid_04 » Wed Jan 10, 2007 1:17 pm

I am a physics junior taking graduate classes. This past semester was really heavy on me, and I ended up getting a B+ in graduate quantum mechanics. My other grades are quite good - does this hurt my chances at getting into top-tier schools, particularly in condensed matter experiment or applied physics?

Ghagnastiac

Post by Ghagnastiac » Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:04 pm

No. The fact that you have the initiative to take graduate-level courses (as a Junior) suggests that you have the ability and determination to succeed in graduate school. Besides, a B+ is not bad at all given the circumstances -- not to mention the fact that many graduate students probably got lower grades. Kudos to you and stop worrying about this because it only helps.

Richter

Post by Richter » Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:24 pm

There are no facults for you to take a graduate course.