Has anyone heard from...

• This has become our largest and most active forum because the physics GRE is just one aspect of getting accepted into a graduate physics program.
  • There are applications, personal statements, letters of recommendation, visiting schools, anxiety of waiting for acceptances, deciding between schools, finding out where others are going, etc.

DR.DOOLITTLE

Has anyone heard from...

Post by DR.DOOLITTLE » Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:50 am

Hello,

Do any of you know of anyone who has been accepted to the hep-th programs at:

U Maryland, UPenn, UCSB, U Washington, Boston U, and U Chicago?

After perusing the 2009 profiles I see that pretty much all of these schools have released some admission decisions (except maybe not maryland), however it doesn't appear that people applying for hep-th have heard from these schools.

THanks,

Doolittle

FNR

Re: Has anyone heard from...

Post by FNR » Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:23 pm

Hmmmm... what about North Carolina State University (NCSU) :wink: ? Have they accepted new grad students yet?

tshafer

Post by tshafer » Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:25 pm

technically, no...

PhysicsPdx

Post by PhysicsPdx » Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:30 pm

Has anyone heard from Northwestern?

hermano

Post by hermano » Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:27 pm

yes to northwestern. contacted by faculty first week of feb but just got an email this week

gnatman

Post by gnatman » Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:14 pm

First wave of Northwestern acceptances/rejections is coming by Friday.

PhysicsPdx

Post by PhysicsPdx » Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:30 pm

gnatman wrote:First wave of Northwestern acceptances/rejections is coming by Friday.
Did you contact the department?

PhysicsPdx

Post by PhysicsPdx » Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:05 pm

Also, if Northwestern is giving the majority of their acceptances so late, when will their visitation weekend be? Does anyone know? Perhaps there is a mole in the Northwestern physics department who can give us the skinny...

evilclaw2321

Post by evilclaw2321 » Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:19 pm

my friend talked to someone in person in the department at northwestern today. First wave of accepts and rejects this week, 2nd wave next week. Visiting weekend, very late, right by deadline in april.

I was told im in the 2nd wave, but not sure if thats good or bad, or what that really means.

gnatman

Post by gnatman » Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:12 pm

I am visiting my girlfriend at Northwestern right now, and I have found the guy in charge of everything for the physics department, so I have been pumping him for information. He told me there will be two open houses about a week apart, and he told me the exact date, but I don't remember it right now. He also told me that I was in the first wave (acceptance or rejection, he didn't know which), and that those decisions would be sent out by Friday. He also knows about a second wave, but I don't know exactly when that will be happening. I got the impression it was shortly after the first wave, but I realize that that doesn't make much sense.