FAFSA

sirius

FAFSA

Post by sirius » Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:49 pm

So has anyone who is applying already filled out the fafsa? This will be my first time filing as independent, woohoo. Is it possible to file when you dont know where you're going? or if you'll even be accepted? I got an email from UW-Madison asking me to file using their code, but what if I get accepted elsewhere? Could I file with all the schools I'm applying to?

tau1777

Re: FAFSA

Post by tau1777 » Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:38 pm

yeah you can fill it out now with everything and then change it. also you an put up to 6 or 7 schools i think, that will receive the fafsa report. but if none of those are the ones you want to go to like i said you can just change them. the details of the matter should be on the fafsa website.

zxcv

Post by zxcv » Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:44 am

There's no need to fill out at FAFSA until you are accepted and choose a school to attend. At that point, for most public universities you will be required to fill out a FAFSA as a mere formality, as your support is generally independent of financial need.

sirius

Post by sirius » Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:17 pm

Thanks for the answers. I think I am going to wait and see if I get any acceptances. It seems the deadline is far enough off and there's room for corrections, so I'll just wait till march to file.