Anyone applying to Stony Brook? [Application question]

trani

Anyone applying to Stony Brook? [Application question]

Post by trani » Fri Jan 02, 2009 6:27 am

Is anyone applying to Stony Brook?

If yes I have a question for you. I was looking for the deadline on the application itself and on the side in the
"Message Center" it says:

Message Center

Spring 2008 Deadline Information:
Complete applications must be submitted by October 1, 2007, for the Spring 2008 semester.

Fall 2008 Deadline Information:
Complete applications must be submitted by January 15, 2008, for the Fall 2008 semester.

Am I filling out an old version of the app or they are crazy?! :shock:

gliese876d

Re: Anyone applying to Stony Brook? [Application question]

Post by gliese876d » Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:00 pm

Hmm I never used that message center link, and have already finished my app. I'm pretty sure it's due Jan 15th. I would think as long as you've been logging into the applyyourself page here: https://app.applyyourself.com/?id=sunysb-gs it should be the current application...

Soso

Post by Soso » Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:58 am

In fact, there are 3 deadlines fro the physics department : january 15 if you wish to be considered for some fellowships, then february 15 and applications can be considered until january 15 if they don't have accepted enough people previously.

Everything is on http://graduate.physics.sunysb.edu/faq/index.shtml#spa

Sonia

naseermk

Post by naseermk » Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:52 pm

Spring 2008 Deadline Information:
Complete applications must be submitted by October 1, 2007, for the Spring 2008 semester.

Fall 2008 Deadline Information:
Complete applications must be submitted by January 15, 2008, for the Fall 2008 semester.

Am I filling out an old version of the app or they are crazy?! :shock:[/quote]

I noticed that while applying. I think they forgot to update their application. I communicated with the Program Asst. regarding supporting documentation and no mention of this came up.

coreycwgriffin

Post by coreycwgriffin » Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:20 pm

I think you guys need to just relax. It'll be fine.

trani

Post by trani » Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:05 pm

Another question:

How long did it take them to send you the form that one needs to attach to the transcripts? They are supposed to send it to me after submission, but nothing yet.

What's with that rule anyway? Why can't they just give you the form right away? :evil:

Thanks guys

nonick

Post by nonick » Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:03 pm

trani wrote:Another question:

How long did it take them to send you the form that one needs to attach to the transcripts? They are supposed to send it to me after submission, but nothing yet.

What's with that rule anyway? Why can't they just give you the form right away? :evil:

Thanks guys
Hmm, I am applying to Stony Brook as well, and I just called my college to send my transcript to them--no forms attached to the transcript whatsoever--that's the first time I see that we are supposed to attach a form to it. Anyways, the bottom line is that according to the application status page, they have received my transcript, so I guess there's no real need to attach any form to it.

trani

Post by trani » Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:37 pm

Thanks nonick, I guess I will just do that too.