Schools with Rotating Research Assistantships

• This has become our largest and most active forum because the physics GRE is just one aspect of getting accepted into a graduate physics program.
  • There are applications, personal statements, letters of recommendation, visiting schools, anxiety of waiting for acceptances, deciding between schools, finding out where others are going, etc.

Sundance

Schools with Rotating Research Assistantships

Post by Sundance » Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:44 pm

Hi everyone,

I've mentioned in another post how I'm having difficulty narrowing down my interests and selecting a concentration for studying in grad school. During my browsing I've come across a really interesting aspect of Stanford U's physics program - the first year is often spent rotating through various research groups, getting a taste for different areas of study so that a person can be better prepared for selecting an area of research.

My question to you good folks is this: does anyone know of other universities offering similar programs?

Thanks!

nonick

Re: Schools with Rotating Research Assistantships

Post by nonick » Sun Dec 14, 2008 10:29 pm

Yale is doing it as well. I don't know of another, but I am sure there are other places that do that.

zxcv

Re: Schools with Rotating Research Assistantships

Post by zxcv » Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:44 am

Berkeley has a rotation program, although you would need to support yourself by teaching or a fellowship.