An early report of your Fall term grades?

• This has become our largest and most active forum because the physics GRE is just one aspect of getting accepted into a graduate physics program.
  • There are applications, personal statements, letters of recommendation, visiting schools, anxiety of waiting for acceptances, deciding between schools, finding out where others are going, etc.

nonick

An early report of your Fall term grades?

Post by nonick » Mon Dec 08, 2008 4:07 pm

I was just packaging my application materials for some Dec 15th deadline schools and I noticed that some of them require an early report of your Fall term grades. What is that supposed to mean? Does it mean that I need to ask the professors that I am taking classes with this semester to provide a form indicating what my grade will be? Or should i wait for the Fall semester transcript to be out and send that?

mhazelm

Re: An early report of your Fall term grades?

Post by mhazelm » Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:08 am

I've been wondering the same. I am assuming they want the expected values of your grades... just take all your exam scores and integrate from August-December... hahaha :lol:

sorry, have been studying for my quantum final.

Anyways, I'm just making a list of my anticipated grades. You might wait until Friday and overnight things if you're really worried about accuracy (that's my plan... goodbye $$$)...

abeboparebop

Post by abeboparebop » Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:28 am

mhazelm wrote:I've been wondering the same. I am assuming they want the expected values of your grades... just take all your exam scores and integrate from August-December... hahaha :lol:

sorry, have been studying for my quantum final.

Anyways, I'm just making a list of my anticipated grades. You might wait until Friday and overnight things if you're really worried about accuracy (that's my plan... goodbye $$$)...
I'm not applying to any that specifically have that request. I am applying to one or two that say I can send in Fall term grades if I want -- it's obviously optional and you can just wait until Fall grades come out.

zxcv

Post by zxcv » Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:09 am

My preferred strategy: submit the transcripts you have, then wait until fall grades come out and if you like what you see, send updated transcripts with a note.