supporting document question...

• This has become our largest and most active forum because the physics GRE is just one aspect of getting accepted into a graduate physics program.
  • There are applications, personal statements, letters of recommendation, visiting schools, anxiety of waiting for acceptances, deciding between schools, finding out where others are going, etc.

dmahler

supporting document question...

Post by dmahler » Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:17 pm

Hi,
So I know what address to send my supporting documents (ie. my transcripts) to, but I don't know what else to include in the envelope. Presumably I'll need some paper with my name on it or something. All I have right now is an envelope with my transcript in it that has a red stamp over the seal saying "transcript is no longer valid if seal is broken". Sorry if the answer to this is obvious, but I can't find it in any of the "aplicatio instructions".
-dm

dmahler

Re: supporting document question...

Post by dmahler » Sun Dec 07, 2008 5:16 pm

Someone must have had to do this. After all, some universities require a paper copy of your transcript be sent...
Do I just stick my sealed transcript inside a larger envelope?
Thanks for any help,
-dm

Helio

Post by Helio » Sun Dec 07, 2008 5:18 pm

usually the extra forms they might have, the financial stuff, recs that you might get in sealed and signed envelopes, etc.

murs

Post by murs » Sun Dec 07, 2008 5:21 pm

I just wrote the address on my transcript envelope, slapped on a stamp and put it in the mail with no second thought. Now I'm a little worried about it! But i don't see how they wouldn't figure out who's transcript it is and what it is for...