Fall semester grades

• This has become our largest and most active forum because the physics GRE is just one aspect of getting accepted into a graduate physics program.
  • There are applications, personal statements, letters of recommendation, visiting schools, anxiety of waiting for acceptances, deciding between schools, finding out where others are going, etc.

blueeverest

Fall semester grades

Post by blueeverest » Sat Oct 18, 2008 9:57 pm

Does anyone know if we have to send Fall semester grades to graduate schools when we apply? I mean we will have send our applications by December, and the transcript too. Is it necessary to send the transcripts again after we get our Fall semester grades?

Can anyone who has gone through this process clarify please? I heard some schools might want to see the fall grades. Does anyone know what those schools are?

thanks guys.

zxcv

Re: Fall semester grades

Post by zxcv » Sun Oct 19, 2008 3:09 pm

Nowhere I applied to asked for fall semester grades, since deadlines often fall before they come in. But since I did well, I sent them anyways with a note including my updated GPA.

grae313

Post by grae313 » Sun Oct 19, 2008 8:52 pm

Unless you see fall grades specifically asked for, you don't have to send them unless you want to.
blueeverest wrote:Does anyone know if we have to send Fall semester grades to graduate schools when we apply? I mean we will have send our applications by December, and the transcript too. Is it necessary to send the transcripts again after we get our Fall semester grades?

Can anyone who has gone through this process clarify please? I heard some schools might want to see the fall grades. Does anyone know what those schools are?

thanks guys.

twistor

Post by twistor » Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:54 am

Schools will likely admit you without seeing you final semester grades. They do, however, ask for a final transcript to verify that you have graduated and that everything is in order. Your past several years worth of grades are usually a good predictor of what your current grades will look like so generally there is no problem.