I was wondering if people knew what shows up in
LABORATORY METHODS: 6% and
SPECIALIZED TOPICS: 9%
from hearsay or experience?

quizivex

Re: Other Topics

Post by quizivex » Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:57 pm

welcome to the forum.

The "specialized topics" and "laboratory methods" components are described in more detail on the ETS website: Right Here

Have you seen this?

Also, if you look at the 4 old practice tests, you'll get an idea of some of the types of problems that fall into these categories. There's always a question on reading logarithmic paper, and there's some about half lives and there's a few circuit analysis questions (which technically, according to ETS, are considered laboratory methods) and some on crystal lattices etc...

wexl34

Post by wexl34 » Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:04 pm

Oh sorry i meant recollections of specific instances from past pgres not too specific but
things like the log scale question or what would fit into astronomy/cosmology from the other portion.

doom

Post by doom » Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:11 pm

we all signed agreements to not discuss the specific content of the tests we took, so you're better off looking at the ets website and the old tests to get an idea of the types of questions.

wexl34

Post by wexl34 » Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:14 pm

doom wrote:we all signed agreements to not discuss the SPECIFIC content of the tests we took, so you're better off looking at the ets website and the old tests to get an idea of the types of questions.
I didnt want anything so specific it would violate that agreement like (lissajous figure for 3:2 ratio).
I was thinking more along the lines of quizivex quote ie general concepts that fit into other not specific questions that fit into other category..
quizivex wrote:There's always a question on reading logarithmic paper, and there's some about half lives and there's a few circuit analysis questions (which technically, according to ETS, are considered laboratory methods) and some on crystal lattices etc...