Physics Masters/Research after Engg

• This has become our largest and most active forum because the physics GRE is just one aspect of getting accepted into a graduate physics program.
  • There are applications, personal statements, letters of recommendation, visiting schools, anxiety of waiting for acceptances, deciding between schools, finding out where others are going, etc.

uNhOLy vIrTuOsItY

Physics Masters/Research after Engg

Post by uNhOLy vIrTuOsItY » Sat May 27, 2006 1:23 pm

hi all
i have a bachelors degree in engg to my name in information science, and have been workin for the past 10 months in a software company.
i wish to apply for physics and pursue research in the future. please could you pour your opinions on this perspective.
also are there programs in physics which the universities offer such that the program encompasses quantum computing as well as astro physics. i understd both are two different topics, but i am interested in studyin courses from both during my masters and further concentrate on a particular concept during my research.
so what are my chances of getting an admission with this regards, and what possible enhancements i could add to my profile, one being a good physics gre score i believe. i am concentratin on the above topics which i ve mentioned. hence if someone knows any good university for these please suggest.
and please comment on the aspects of gettin aid too. i am focussed on applying for a phd and not only masters.

sumanganguli

Post by sumanganguli » Tue Jul 18, 2006 8:25 am

Hi all !!!!!! i am also in the same boat . Is a good gre/subject gre score is enough?

b_puneet

Physics MS after Engineering

Post by b_puneet » Tue Jul 18, 2006 7:18 pm

My case is pretty much the same too. I have a Bachelor's degree in Metallurgical Engineering and four years of software programming experience, but I would like to study further in Physics. Is a good GRE General and Physics score good enough to get admission into MS Physics? Is it possible to do MS Physics part time or online?

uNhOLy vIrTuOsItY

Post by uNhOLy vIrTuOsItY » Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:24 am

after a bit of research and enquiries bout this with other physics guyz, it seems to me that a good score in gre physics would help our cause. and if possible a few months need to be spent in a research institution like iia, rri, tifr,..... in building a profile which would support our interests.

a good agre score is must for our app to be at least considered for the masters program.