anyone heard from florida state

• This has become our largest and most active forum because the physics GRE is just one aspect of getting accepted into a graduate physics program.
  • There are applications, personal statements, letters of recommendation, visiting schools, anxiety of waiting for acceptances, deciding between schools, finding out where others are going, etc.

anthonyk

anyone heard from florida state

Post by anthonyk » Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:47 pm

i am curious if anyone has heard from florida state university, acceptances or rejections.

dlenmn

Re: anyone heard from florida state

Post by dlenmn » Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:54 pm

At least one person has... search the profiles...

schandre

Post by schandre » Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:13 pm

I've heard from them in mid february.
This week I'll make my decision and will probably turn down their offer, so good luck!

anthonyk

Post by anthonyk » Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:20 pm

i saw the one profile, but it was an international student and there deadline was a month earlier so i didn't know if they received admission letters earlier

jdhooghe

Post by jdhooghe » Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:27 pm

They make international acceptance much earlier than regular applicants. I would assume that you are waitlisted or your rejection letter hasn't arrived yet.

admissionprof

Post by admissionprof » Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:00 pm

anthonyk wrote:i saw the one profile, but it was an international student and there deadline was a month earlier so i didn't know if they received admission letters earlier
Their deadline WAS a month earlier, but I contacted a friend who is an expert on the resolution making the deadline no earlier than April 15th, he contacted Florida State, their Dean of Graduate Studies got involved, and they subsequently contacted their acceptees and changed the date to April 15th.

But obviously there are some accepted. Why not call them?