Cosmology or neurophysics PhD

• This has become our largest and most active forum because the physics GRE is just one aspect of getting accepted into a graduate physics program.
  • There are applications, personal statements, letters of recommendation, visiting schools, anxiety of waiting for acceptances, deciding between schools, finding out where others are going, etc.

Rapunzellindemann

Cosmology or neurophysics PhD

Post by Rapunzellindemann » Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:15 pm

Greetings. I am a junior at a Singaporean university in the top 50. My GPA is decent but not too great ~ 3.2/4. I have significant research experience in numerical cosmology, quantum foundations and have good recommendation letters. I have yet to give my physics GRE and General GRE-and I am preparing for them now. I had initially started a double major in physics and pure mathematics but couldn't continue as the workload prevented me from doing research-also, the math is the cause for the poor grades.

I am extremely interested in graduate school in either cosmology or neurophysics. I have shortlisted Stanford, Rice, UT Austin (Weinberg theory group) and CalTech. I had to eliminate the north due to extreme weather conditions.

What are my chances in the listed schools and what can I do to improve them?