Do they believe me if I say I have taken a graduate course ?

• This has become our largest and most active forum because the physics GRE is just one aspect of getting accepted into a graduate physics program.
  • There are applications, personal statements, letters of recommendation, visiting schools, anxiety of waiting for acceptances, deciding between schools, finding out where others are going, etc.

Ne10

Do they believe me if I say I have taken a graduate course ?

Post by Ne10 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:14 am

I am in my junior (3rd) year of Bachelors in engineering. I am taking a number of graduate courses in a local "well-known in my country" institute, eg. GR, Cosmology, etc. But sadly, as they are nowhere related to engineering, there is no way I can get a official statement of marks/grade showing I have done the course.

My question is how much faith do the admission committees put into us when we mention in either our admission profile or CV that we have done these graduate courses. Will they even take me seriously ?

blighter

Re: Do they believe me if I say I have taken a graduate course ?

Post by blighter » Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:52 pm

Ne10 wrote:I am in my junior (3rd) year of Bachelors in engineering. I am taking a number of graduate courses in a local "well-known in my country" institute, eg. GR, Cosmology, etc. But sadly, as they are nowhere related to engineering, there is no way I can get a official statement of marks/grade showing I have done the course.

My question is how much faith do the admission committees put into us when we mention in either our admission profile or CV that we have done these graduate courses. Will they even take me seriously ?
If the professors can write letters of recommendation for you and explicitly mention about those courses and how your performance would be reflected in grade if you had gotten one, that should be good enough.