List Physics Grad School Acceptances

• This has become our largest and most active forum because the physics GRE is just one aspect of getting accepted into a graduate physics program.
  • There are applications, personal statements, letters of recommendation, visiting schools, anxiety of waiting for acceptances, deciding between schools, finding out where others are going, etc.

Daharoni

Post by Daharoni » Tue Feb 13, 2007 9:54 pm

Got accepted to UCSD yesterday and UCSB today... I am soooo happy!

Daharoni

Post by Daharoni » Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:07 pm

Has anyone heard from the physics department at UCLA? In their email it says initial acceptances will be made by the second week of this month. I guess maybe later today some of us might hear something.

lorenzbutterfly

Post by lorenzbutterfly » Sat Feb 17, 2007 8:54 am

I got an email notifying acceptance to NYU on Friday. No details on the $ yet, but it will be in the mail. Here's a rundown of my stats.

Domestic student, female, liberal arts school.
GPA: 3.95
GRE: 790q/580v/4.5a; Subject: 650
Research: One REU at U of Chicago; wrote a paper, but not publishable stuff (too early in the experiment).
Recc's: One from REU advisor, one from physics chair, one from math prof with whom I did graduate math work.
Applied everywhere for experimental soft condensed matter.

Schools applied to:
NYU - accepted
UChicago (physics) - waiting
UMD (physics) - waiting
Penn State - waiting

I'm just happy I got in somewhere, now it's just a matter of finding out how much they'll pay. And not it's time to hit the books again, re-learn everything I forgot since my last physics class.

physicsgirl

Post by physicsgirl » Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:43 am

Received e-mail from Penn State yesterday - accepted w/small fellowship on top of TA offer + summer funding. They said they were admitting 20 out of 500 so I guess this means they've finalized all their decisions. Good luck to all!

Ghagnastiac

Post by Ghagnastiac » Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:21 pm

So far I've been accepted by the following:

Johns Hopkins
Northwestern
NYU
University of Washington (just got an email 20 minutes ago).

Rejected by
Yale
U. Chicago