suck email

• This has become our largest and most active forum because the physics GRE is just one aspect of getting accepted into a graduate physics program.
  • There are applications, personal statements, letters of recommendation, visiting schools, anxiety of waiting for acceptances, deciding between schools, finding out where others are going, etc.

holycow

suck email

Post by holycow » Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:39 pm

Way back in December, from one of my top choice institutes, a professor had given me an encouraging reply about admissions.
He had said he would be interested in working with me and that my background suits him. I haven't heard from him since then.

I was wondering if I should email him and tell him that, if he is considering my application and if he so wishes to interview me then I would be willing to visit him at the institute.

Even though this means spending hundreds of dollars on flight and hotel, I do not mind doing it.

My question is do you reckon the email will adversely affect my application? I don't care if it has no positive effect, but I don't want to hurt my chances doing this.

pqortic

Re: suck email

Post by pqortic » Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:41 pm