Does anyone have any information about summer workshops?

• This has become our largest and most active forum because the physics GRE is just one aspect of getting accepted into a graduate physics program.
  • There are applications, personal statements, letters of recommendation, visiting schools, anxiety of waiting for acceptances, deciding between schools, finding out where others are going, etc.

InquilineKea

Does anyone have any information about summer workshops?

Post by InquilineKea » Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:20 am

Summer workshops/summer symposiums/etc?

Most of them are for graduate students. But do any allow people who are in between undergrad and grad school?

And how competitive are they?

I'm specifically interested about astronomy, but people can feel free to post details about any summer workshop here.

grae313

Re: Does anyone have any information about summer workshops?

Post by grae313 » Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:45 am

Yes.

Google.

InquilineKea

Post by InquilineKea » Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:13 am

Yes, I've tried google. And it isn't particularly helpful (most of the results are for teachers, rather than for people in between undergrad/grad school). There are many programs I found through fliers that I couldn't find through google first.

Furthermore, google almost never provides the other information that I'm looking for - information that you can really only get through personal experiences. And summer workshops haven't even been discussed in any of the forums I go to, even though there is definitely space for a discussion about them.

HappyQuark

Post by HappyQuark » Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:40 pm

InquilineKea wrote:Yes, I've tried google. And it isn't particularly helpful
Then you aren't using it right. Google knows all and tells all!