Stanford University app

• This has become our largest and most active forum because the physics GRE is just one aspect of getting accepted into a graduate physics program.
  • There are applications, personal statements, letters of recommendation, visiting schools, anxiety of waiting for acceptances, deciding between schools, finding out where others are going, etc.

skk

Stanford University app

Post by skk » Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:17 am

Hey all,

I hope you guys are having a great Holiday Season.

I actually have a weird question with the stanford university application. I looked at the pdf copy of my application after submission, but I do not see any statement of purpose, transcipt or additional information files attached to the copy. Can I please ask you if yours were fine. That is, the pdf copy of your application form has the main information part and the files you uploaded attached to it?

Oh, also, would spelling mistakes kill my application? For instance, "was" as "ws" etc...?

Thank you for your help!

WhoaNonstop

Re: Stanford University app

Post by WhoaNonstop » Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:59 am

skk wrote: For instance, "was" as "ws" etc...?
was --> ws is less a spelling error than it is a typing error. Surely this is what you meant. I'm sure it won't be a huge factor, unless of course there are abundant mistakes. As far as the application, I did not apply there, so you'll have to wait back from another member of the forum.

-Riley

vesperlynd

Post by vesperlynd » Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:41 pm

Last edited by vesperlynd on Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

brassgod

Post by brassgod » Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:17 am

I was worried about the SOP, CV, and transcripts not included in the PDF copy of the application when I submitted it. Allf of the schools I had applied to had included those documents on the PDF copy so I was panicking at first.

Don't worry about it. I'm sure they'll contact you if something is missing.