Master in Medical Physic

• This has become our largest and most active forum because the physics GRE is just one aspect of getting accepted into a graduate physics program.
  • There are applications, personal statements, letters of recommendation, visiting schools, anxiety of waiting for acceptances, deciding between schools, finding out where others are going, etc.

MRI

Master in Medical Physic

Post by MRI » Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:20 am

Hello,

This my first topic int this forum. I am an international student here in US. I have BSc as a Technologist and I am looking for master in medical physic. I would like to ask you about my chances here to get acceptance in US. I got low score in GRE ( 910 ) with 660 in Math.

So , can you guide me to schools that might accept this GRE score.

I think the most important thing in my application is that I have scholarship.

Thank you,

WhoaNonstop

Re: Master in Medical Physic

Post by WhoaNonstop » Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:24 am

MRI wrote:Hello,

This my first topic int this forum. I am an international student here in US. I have BSc as a Technologist and I am looking for master in medical physic. I would like to ask you about my chances here to get acceptance in US. I got low score in GRE ( 910 ) with 660 in Math.

Thank you,
No, but there is plenty of information available on this site to answer your question if you'd search for it.

-Riley

twistor

Post by twistor » Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:36 am

MRI wrote:Hello,

Thank you,
Medical physics programs generally require you to have a physics or related degree. Assuming you are referring to general GRE scores, your best bet is to retake the tests. The fees for applying to a few schools will basically total what you'll pay to retake the GRE. However, that money would've been wasted anyway if you apply to those schools and don't get in because of your scores. Study and improve your scores, that's my advice.

WhoaNonstop

Post by WhoaNonstop » Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:04 am

twistor wrote:Assuming you are referring to general GRE scores, your best bet is to retake the tests.
Wow, I just realized that they are referring to the general GRE. Thought that was another "oh poor me for getting 900+ PGRE score". I agree with twistor. You need to vastly improve your 910 GRE before you decide to apply.

-Riley