UC Berkeley transaction

• This has become our largest and most active forum because the physics GRE is just one aspect of getting accepted into a graduate physics program.
  • There are applications, personal statements, letters of recommendation, visiting schools, anxiety of waiting for acceptances, deciding between schools, finding out where others are going, etc.

skk

UC Berkeley transaction

Post by skk » Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:38 am

Hi all,

I hope you guys are enjoying the holiday!

I actually have a question for those who have applied to the Berkeley's physics program. I am wondering if you guys have checked that the application fee has been processed... because, I have not see any fee taken out of my transaction history yet.

Also, did you guys fill that section about listing faculty interests "in order"?

Thanks again everyone.

Wishing you peace and joy in the Holiday Season,

skk

vesperlynd

Re: UC Berkeley transaction

Post by vesperlynd » Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:34 pm

Last edited by vesperlynd on Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zxcv

Post by zxcv » Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:36 am

vesperlynd wrote:I'm probably in a different situation from you - I could have easily applied to another department there. You'll be fine. :)
To my surprise, Berkeley's physics program accepted me even though I only mentioned specifically professors I wanted to work with from different departments. So, don't write yourself off for interdisciplinary interests just yet :).

pymtab

Post by pymtab » Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:58 am

zxcv wrote:
vesperlynd wrote:I'm probably in a different situation from you - I could have easily applied to another department there. You'll be fine. :)
To my surprise, Berkeley's physics program accepted me even though I only mentioned specifically professors I wanted to work with from different departments. So, don't write yourself off for interdisciplinary interests just yet :).

Do they even require this part? I think I left it blank since it is presented as if it's optional, but I did mention two possible research advisors in my SOP.