Stuff from School

• This has become our largest and most active forum because the physics GRE is just one aspect of getting accepted into a graduate physics program.
  • There are applications, personal statements, letters of recommendation, visiting schools, anxiety of waiting for acceptances, deciding between schools, finding out where others are going, etc.

mobytish

Stuff from School

Post by mobytish » Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:01 pm

I know it doesn't particularly matter, but I'm wondering if, now that I'm officially going to Kent and, I presume, they've pretty much got their incoming class laid out, will I be getting anything in the mail from them? I'm not sure anyone knows about Kent specifically, but grad schools in general would help too. I'm assuming I've got to get something from them eventually, I'm just wondering when and what I might get. I mostly ask this because I'm going to be away from home for two months and then moving shortly after that, so I want to make sure I don't miss anything important.

grae313

Re: Stuff from School

Post by grae313 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:05 pm

You'll probably be getting some sort of welcome packet that includes information about the school, the program, your funding and health insurance, when your orientation starts, classes you may have to register for, perhaps info on your TA duties, and probably some information about finding housing and other things to help you move and get settled. I would arrange for the school to mail these things to your parents or some address where there will definitely be someone to pick them up, or you could request electronic documents if they are available.