Physics updates/acceptances (2010)

• This has become our largest and most active forum because the physics GRE is just one aspect of getting accepted into a graduate physics program.
  • There are applications, personal statements, letters of recommendation, visiting schools, anxiety of waiting for acceptances, deciding between schools, finding out where others are going, etc.

delton

Re: Physics updates/acceptances (2010)

Post by delton » Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:10 pm

Rejected from Columbia 3/12

artificertxj

Post by artificertxj » Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:30 pm

Is there anyone who is still waiting the final answer from Berkeley?
on the grad cafe there were numbers of rejections as I saw.
Do they have a waiting list? I think at least they should tell me my status. I sent Donna an email but she didn't reply it. It's there a chance that they forget to send me my rejection email?
that sux!

rp

Post by rp » Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:52 pm

artificertxj wrote:Is there anyone who is still waiting the final answer from Berkeley?
on the grad cafe there were numbers of rejections as I saw.
Do they have a waiting list? I think at least they should tell me my status. I sent Donna an email but she didn't reply it. It's there a chance that they forget to send me my rejection email?
that sux!
Yes, i'm still waiting. I've also asked about my status, but got no response. I have the same feeling of being forgotten. they seem to send rejections at a slow rate, everyday a few appear on grad cafe. i guess mine will come, sooner or later, unfortunately. anyway, their webpage says that all decisions are done by march 15, so there's not much waiting left.

Regarding UMD, did anyone get a response this week? They also told me they would finish sending offers this week (wednesday, actually), but nothing appeared on grad cafe... so i will have to wait the spring break? what happened?

CKtalon

Post by CKtalon » Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:51 pm

There's a very high chance that those who haven't heard from Berkeley have been rejected. I doubt there is a waitlist. They seem to offer 3x what their class size eventually is. I suggest you to call Donna instead. She didn't reply to the 2 emails I sent (spaced a week apart).

softmat

Post by softmat » Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:27 am

Has anybody heard back from Syracuse or CUNY?

artificertxj

Post by artificertxj » Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:56 pm

[quote="rp"]Yes, i'm still waiting. I've also asked about my status, but got no response. I have the same feeling of being forgotten. they seem to send rejections at a slow rate, everyday a few appear on grad cafe. i guess mine will come, sooner or later, unfortunately. anyway, their webpage says that all decisions are done by march 15, so there's not much waiting left.
[quote]

okay, now it's March 17th and I'm still waiting. I sent Donna an email Tuesday and there was no response.
Whatever, I'm going to call them for the final answer.
What's wrong with Physics department in Berkeley? That's really irritating :evil: .

arieszen

Post by arieszen » Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:16 am

Has anyone heard from Purdue yet?